cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

no red button....

Hi, I've got a Samsung tv and a Humax Youview box. I've tried all the codes to let the Humax remote switch the tv on and off but none of them work. So, I have to use the 2 remotes, one to switch tv on and one to switch the Humax box on. this is just a minor irritation that I can live with. However, watching the cycling world championships the other night I needed to continue after the programme had ended by pressing the red button. The red button on either remote does nothing. It used to work on the Samsung remote before I had the Humax box. Has anyone any idea how I can access the red button content? I would appreciate your comments. Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: no red button....

Channels 301 or 302 is the bbcs red button video content I think.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

If you're watching the HD channels the red button prompt sometimes doesn't appear. As the person above says go to channel 301. Nothing to do with the remote by the way it's just a variation between the SD and HD broadcast
---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I raised this on the YouView forum - they say they are working on it....  Only solution right now is to turn the box off and on with the switch at the back.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

@biminibob wrote:

I raised this on the YouView forum - they say they are working on it....  Only solution right now is to turn the box off and on with the switch at the back.

Turning something off and back on again is a workaround, not a solution! Smiley Happy Dave

0 Ratings