cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
forsetiportman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

no speed at all?

Hey guys, i tried my best to look online for help, i live in bangor (just outside in belfast n.ireland) and about 2hrs ago the connection went down the pan! I ran a test on speed,tester and got like 450ping, and download like 2mbps, i tried the bt one, but cant even connect to that, could anyone say if there is a problem around this area as we have VERY bad rain atm...

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: no speed at all?

It may be the general warning given here at 00.22. Estimated to be fixed by 6am.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: no speed at all?

Hi Welcome to the forums  If you are still having problems then try this 

Here are some help pages done by CL Keith http://forumhelp.dyndns.org/speed/Speed.html

also post your full hub stats by entering 192.168.1.254 into your web browser address bar and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1

Can you also post the full results from BT Speedtest speedtester.bt.com

Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket  Test Socket.jpg

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings