cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
972 Views
Message 1 of 6

no updates on landline failure

Go to solution

Landline failed monday  no updates from BT  on what is happening  several ladlines in area are off 

 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
968 Views
Message 2 of 6

Re: no updates on landline failure

Go to solution

@coleva wrote:

Landline failed monday  no updates from BT  on what is happening  several ladlines in area are off 

 


Look here https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31

Openreach must have a cable or cabinet failure.

 

0 Ratings
956 Views
Message 3 of 6

Re: no updates on landline failure

Go to solution
Yes it must be something like that my broadband is fibre to cab and that’s fine 35mb as usual so it is just phone out some neighbors phones and or broadband is out but it would be nice for some info my last look said repairs by 17.00 tonight & that’s long gone
0 Ratings
932 Views
Message 4 of 6

Re: no updates on landline failure

Go to solution

@coleva wrote:
Yes it must be something like that my broadband is fibre to cab and that’s fine 35mb as usual so it is just phone out some neighbors phones and or broadband is out but it would be nice for some info my last look said repairs by 17.00 tonight & that’s long gone

Then its either an exchange fault, or an issue with the cable from the exchange to the main cabinet. If a neighbour has normal broadband, then that would be out, as it comes from the exchange, so a cable fault is nost likely.

 

0 Ratings
918 Views
Message 5 of 6

Re: no updates on landline failure

Go to solution
Further to topic it seems cable was cut and stolen which has affected quite a few customers in my area
0 Ratings
916 Views
Message 6 of 6

Re: no updates on landline failure

Go to solution

@coleva wrote:
Further to topic it seems cable was cut and stolen which has affected quite a few customers in my area

That sounds about right. Those old "E" side cables are a common target for a number of reasons.

0 Ratings