cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

no wireless connection homehub2 please help

hi,

i have no connection through wireless on my laptop (vista),wireless blue light stays on but no connection ,i have to use the ethernet cable which is ok but slow,anyone have any ideas why i havent or cant connect wirelessley.cheers

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: no wireless connection homehub2 please help

ethernet should be faster than wireless.

can your laptop 'see' the hub in available networks?  have you had laptop connected to hub before?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

hi , thanks for reply no the laptop cannot see the hub in available networks but can see other home hubs,could i be using a neighbours hub?yes the laptop did connect before what do you suggest ?cheers
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

try downloading inssider2 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own just to check yours is ok. Then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel if required

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

hi ,

downloaded inssider my home hub2 isnt on there just lots of other hubs what can i do now?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

you need to enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and go into hyb manager then go to wireless.  make sure wireless is turned on and that it is broadcasting the ssid.  once that is done then check inssider again

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

hi ,

tried that no difference,the hub network devices states the wireless is not working,what do you suggest next?cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

then try resetting the hub - don't like doing that often but may be enough to get wireless working.  but only once otherwise it will effect your connection.

if that does not work getting the wireless to work looks like a new hub and a phone call to India

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

hi,

i will try reseting the hub and if that fails perhaps india is on the cards lol,see youve been into my previous post,anyway thanks for your time and effort.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings