cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 31 of 35

Re: not getting anywhere on helpline - speed/noise reducing regularly

What I would have expected .... in which case, just reset the router once a week, in daylight. 😉
0 Ratings
ach2
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 35

Hi Roger,

I have seen a number of posts saying that it is best to reset the modem during daylight hours - why is this?

Cheers,

Alan.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 33 of 35

Simply because during the hours of darkness noise margins deplete and erode, so when your router renegotiates a connection with the dslam in darkness, and the dslam sets target margin again, it has to reduce the line sync rate to achieve that noise margin negotiation, in order to bitload the connection. (for the increased interference at night).
0 Ratings
Wibble
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 35

looks like there isnt anything i can do, but manually reset......i have been doing during daytime already as have had enough of looking at a screen by 6pm!

dont get why i have to do this though.....when i was with Sky i never touched the router for months and it was running great always....since i moved only 500 yrds down the road, and was forced to come to BT all i have had is hassle and manual intervention.  Hey ho thats they way it goes....wish i coudl get an alternative here, but BT seem to have the monopoly!

thanks for ideas everyone....and hope they decide to get infinity on our side of the street sometime this century Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 35 of 35

There are subtle variations in dynamic line management, between Sky dslams and BT equipment.

The BT version of DLM is based on more to do with astute error correction, than merely EU linespeed and consistency.

(for the sake of the National Network).

0 Ratings