cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jm276
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

not receiving e mails

This seems very strange to me. I use windows mail to access yahoo mail. At the moment I just have one main e mail account and no sub accounts or other e mail addresses. Lately I am being told that people are sending me e mails that have not arrived. They are not in my spam folder and have not been blocked in any way. The senders say that they have not bounced.

As an example I belong to a recycle group where e mails are sent out nearly every day. I didn't receive mail for over 3 weeks, but now they are they are coming through again. There are other examples where I used to get regular mail but not for some time and now they are appearing again.  With the spam filter on I am not seeing many entries, which I would expect to. Are these being lost as well?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

jm

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
davem44
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: not receiving e mails

Have you logged in on bt yahoo and checked to see if you have mail there?

0 Ratings
jm276
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your quick response. Yes I have checked bt yahoo and the mail in question is not there
0 Ratings
davem44
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Check that you have the adress allowed in Yahoo as it sounds as if yahoo spam filters are spitting it out before it even gets to your inbox

0 Ratings
jm276
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Dave

I will check this out. For your info the the flag email confirming your reply went into Yahoo's spam file

0 Ratings
davem44
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

It sounds as if your email setting are wrong

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

@jm276 wrote:

This seems very strange to me. I use windows mail to access yahoo mail. At the moment I just have one main e mail account and no sub accounts or other e mail addresses. Lately I am being told that people are sending me e mails that have not arrived. They are not in my spam folder and have not been blocked in any way. The senders say that they have not bounced.

As an example I belong to a recycle group where e mails are sent out nearly every day. I didn't receive mail for over 3 weeks, but now they are they are coming through again. There are other examples where I used to get regular mail but not for some time and now they are appearing again.  With the spam filter on I am not seeing many entries, which I would expect to. Are these being lost as well?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

jm

Hi.

Just a quick thought, have you got any Windows Mail filters setup to interrogate the emails and "do" things to them ? It's possible to set up all sorts of things, including deleting them before reading etc.

You say that the recycle emails are coming through again, this could be due to the emails not matching any of the filters you may have set up (including any via webmail).

Of course, if there are no filters, then you can ignore my post Smiley Happy

0 Ratings