Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jon-ah
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

number changed

Go to solution

I am trying to help a sick friend. She is housebound due to chemotherapy, and as she is a sports fan I persuaded her to subscribe to BT Sport + Broadband. It was crucial that her phone number wasn't changed and we were assured three separate times that her old number would remain. On installation (Tuesday last) she was informed that she had to have a temporary number but it would revert to her old number within 48 hours. A week has passed and despite daily assurances that 'it will be done today' nothing has changed. She is now finding she is missing important calls from her consultant and medical support team, and she is understandably stressed and distraught. I feel responsible as she'd not have changed to BT if I'd not persuaded her.  I've tried phoning the usual numbers, but they just assure me that 'it will be done today'. I'm amazed and horrified that such a big organisation seem to train their staff to tell lies to customers. Can anybody help me to help my friend?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: number changed

Go to solution

the mods will post a contact us link when they read this

contact mods link.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
StuartH
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Jon-ah

Send me an email using the contact the mods link in my profile. I can have this investigated for you to see what has happened.

Thanks

Stuart

jon-ah
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Stuart H, hi,

I've sent you the info as requested. it's a great relief to know that you are 'on the case'. Thank you.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phone
jon-ah
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

John 46..... Thank you for the info. I've spoken with my friend this morning, and she is just so thankful that something is now being done. I shall be patient!

0 Ratings
jon-ah
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

A Mod called Craig contacted my friend this morning. He confirmed that he is working on the problem, and has given her his email address. He was extremely understanding and supportive. This is such a great relief. A big thank you to Craig, and here's hoping that the end is now in sight!

0 Ratings
jon-ah
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

My friend got her old number back after 18 days. Although we don't really understand why on earth it took so long, we want to say a great big thank you to Craig and his Mod colleagues. Once on the case, these guys kept in daily contact with my friend, and their progress reports and reassurances were enormously valuable to her. Had we not had the help and support of the Mods, we suspect that this problem might never have been resolved. BT senior management need to recognise the sheer frustration of a customer trying to resolve a problem via a call centre. There seems to be no mechanism for a call centre employee to escalate a problem to a higher level, so even when they recognise that a problem is not being dealt with, in spite of multiple requests, they are powerless to help; all they can do us to keep saying 'it will be done today' - and hope that it will! Not all customers are fortunate enough (and computer literate enough) to find this Community Forum and have access to the Mods. WELL DONE MODS and THANK YOU!  

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
pleased to hear all is now resolved for you 😉
0 Ratings