cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

old cabe v new cat 6

hi all have been testing the results of the 2 cables going to hh5 on 5gh ssid and thought the new cable would have been worth the buy !! i have had the older cable for 5 years when we got adsl installed

these were tested wirelessly on iphone 6 first pic is of the cat 6  and 2nd pic of old cable new cat 6.PNG

old cable.PNG

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: old cabe v new cat 6

I think I must be missing something but what have the different cables got to do with a wifi conenction and test?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

@imjolly wrote:

I think I must be missing something but what have the different cables got to do with a wifi conenction and test?

I wondered the same but assumed he meant the cable from phone socket to the HH5.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@gg30340 wrote:

@imjolly wrote:

I wondered the same but assumed he meant the cable from phone socket to the HH5.

Thought the same but have found it dangerous to assume so decided to ask the question 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Agreed and that's why I never bothered to reply.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Do you mean the cable from the wall socket to the HH?

There is quite a different in speed - I don't think this can be down to the cable.

If you have tested speed before has it always been around the 20Mbps mark?

The best way to test speed is via a device connected via ethernet to the HH, but having said that 76Mbps is a good speed.

What speed are you paying for BTW?

0 Ratings