Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eejlny
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

openreach "stuck at planning"

Hello,

My area with postcode BS34 8AR got fiber last month after a long wait.

On the 23rd of October I put an order for BT Inifinity with an activation date of 18th of November.

Nothing happened on the 18th of November and after a lengthy talk to BT they said that my order was "stuck at planning" with Openreach and that they will let me have more information on 3 days. After 3 days they told me that my next update will be on the 2nd of December. That was all the info I could get.

Now I cannot talk to Openreach and I do not know what stuck at planning means. My neighbours have fiber with Sky so surely it cannot be my address. Would it be because  I need a new line ? Will this problem be sorted in a soon ? 

My account with BT is active and actually I have the TV working with BT but no phone line or broadband. BT is happily to accept new orders for Inifinity for my address if I want to do so. I think the excuse that Openreach is at fault is not really acceptable and BT should accept that they are breaking their side of the contract.

Any one has any ideas on how to find a solution for this mess ?

Thanks,

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: openreach "stuck at planning"

Try the  Order Live Chat Team

Or wait until BT give you an update.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: openreach "stuck at planning"

It is possible the cabinet is full and OR are planning expanding cab capacity or installing a second cab.

0 Ratings