Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

opted in but hub says not active.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: opted in but hub says not active.

I take it you've opted in to BT Fon. Did you do this today?

Did go to http://www.btfon.com/ then clicked on "If you have a BT home hub, log in here" then input your name@btinternet.com and password and clicked on "Check Status".

If you have and it shows that you have opted in, have you restarted your hub?

Go to http://bthomehub.home/ does it now say (via the hub) that you've opted in - Home Page - BT Fon active?

If not it can take 24hrs for it to show.

Check then and post back.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
RayB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

I have exactly the same issue - it's been over a week and the hub has been switched off twice in that time.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

0 Ratings
RayB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

It's now day 8 and still not active. The call centre are giving me the run-around so I've given up with them.

If anyone from BT is reading this, can they turn the wick up, please?

0 Ratings
miskmask
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

At the FON website, try to "Opt Out". Close browser then shut down your PC. Shut-off your hub. Wait for a few minutes then fire up your hub again. Restart your PCD as usual. Give FON 24 hours to wake up and smell the coffee, and then "Opt In" to their service again and see if it takes. Good luck.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
LizziS
Message 7 of 10

I'm having the same problem. Have left it a week, no change. Re-tried it 3 days ago, still no change. Does this mean I can't use it?

0 Ratings
RayB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

I only opted in for this as I had an e-mail from BT telling me that my data allowance on Openzone/Fon was now unlimited. I won't be using it at home but will make use of it when out and about, but as you know, you need to be in it to make use!

I'm going to be away from tonight until Sunday and I am really hoping it does work as some of the places I'm going to has dire 3G coverage and I will need to be able to send stuff electronically - I do know the area concerned has excellent OZ/Fon availability.

In all honesty, if Fon does not work for me, I'll be leaving BT next week as I'm fed up with the pathetic "service" I get when I need to call them. If the people at the other end were able to work without a script it might be better.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Hi RayB,

Thanks for posting. Did you get this sorted yet? If not drop me an email with your account details and a link to this thread for reference to forum.moderation.team@bt.com and I'll look into it for you.

@Malcolm-Parfitt. If you haven't got it sorted could you drop me an email as well.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
missymicky
Message 10 of 10

I recently had this problem from upgrading to the new bt broadband router 3.0 from the 2.0 and have found out from ringing the bt fon helpline that if you are in my situation or you are about to upgrade to a new router to opt out of fon and disable the homehub router before connecting the new router as this could help otherwise you can press the reset button, opt out and then back in and leave it on for a couple to afew days to see if it activates and if not then call the bt fon helpline on 0800 0223 3224 and they will hit like a master reset for you but you will have to leave your router on for 15 days to see it fully goes through!

NOTE TO ALL.....

IF you have opted in, but it doesnt say activated on your router, you can still use the fon outside of your home. The only difference this will bring is that you can use other people's fons and openzones but they and you just cant use yours so you dont lose no bandwidth which is a bonus! noone in the house hold needs to use the fon as you have the wifi so its nothing to worry about.

0 Ratings