cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

optimal mtu for bt infinity

i currently do not use the hh3 as it sucks i use a dlink dir-615 with ddwrt firmware as it has decent features.. anyway i would like to know what the optimal mtu setting is? i heard 1492 is the max setting for pppoe
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: optimal mtu for bt infinity

Yes 1492 is the MTU setting
Highlighted
Guru
Message 3 of 6

Changing you MTU can be based on what you use it for, you can lower it to under 1000 to optimise for gaming, or keep it at 1492 for all uses. If you lower it, you may find videos and downloads speeds slower than normal as well.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

ok thanks for your help, xbox live takes a minimum of 1364 so ill guess ill set it at that
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 5 of 6

Depends on what you're playing, for Call of Duty for example it's set at something quite low.

Have a look on google for what you want to use it for, generic uses for what you set it at may be right.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Your router should set it automatically and no need to change
0 Ratings