cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fortune
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

option 2

Hello im currently on option 2 and have been for the last 2 years. it used to be 40mb when i signed up but now bt have upgraded to 80mb and their tests say i shuld be getting 59 download and 20 upload, but i am still getting the same 38 and 8 i had when i first signed up 2 years ago, i have come across a thing on the website saing about upgrading my speed for no extra cost but i have to enter a new contract for 18 months.....why should i do this when i am already paying for option 2 but BT wont give me my 59estimated without signing up for another 18 months so i have to stay at 38? 

cam anyone help me? or advise me?

Regards

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: option 2

The upgrade from infinity option 2 to infinity 2 is not an automatic upgrade therefore you will have to take out a new contract in order to upgrade and get the new speed.

0 Ratings
Fortune
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

so if i take out the new contract i will go onto infintity 2 and should get the 59 but have a new 18 months contract?

i didnt want to say ill enter a new 18 month and be stuck with 38 still

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

@Fortune wrote:

so if i take out the new contract i will go onto infintity 2 and should get the 59 but have a new 18 months contract?

i didnt want to say ill enter a new 18 month and be stuck with 38 still

Yes if you take out the 18 month contract you will have the 59 download speed

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 5 of 7

For the difference you'd be getting your best option is to stay as you are. You always have the option to deal when your contract runs out and you are free to choose other providers of Openreach FTTC (AKA BT Infinity).

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

@pippincp wrote:

For the difference you'd be getting your best option is to stay as you are. You always have the option to deal when your contract runs out and you are free to choose other providers of Openreach FTTC (AKA BT Infinity).

Please bear in mind this is a BT forum and as such it's best not to give silly advice like go else where. I am sure the OP will get a higher speed than 59 anyway as most people do get higher than predicted.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 7 of 7

I'm well aware that this is a BT forum, this does not mean any advice has to be on BT's side as long as the advice is truthful.

Openness is what all ISP's have agreed to.

I have not advised the OP to go elsewhere, just advised him that it is an option if he cannot come to a deal when his contract is up for renewal. This does not rule out a deal being struck on renewal, does not retract from BT's service nor advise the OP to go elsewhere.

If you note the main thrust of my advice was to stay where he was as the difference is negligeable in real terms. As a rolling renewal is only for 30 days he may be able to persuade them to give him the upgrade without a new 18 mth contract just to remain a BT customer. Then again they may not.

0 Ratings