cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
landmarkgeo
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

outgoing email messages from outlook not being delivered !!!

Is anybody else at present or in the last two months finding that a lot of their btinternet emails sent via outlook do not arrive. This mostly occurs in the evenings and at weekends but the timing isn't consistent. I'm guessing its something to do with BT mucking about with the servers during the changover but I can't get anyone to confirm or help me out. Anyone else experiencing this, or has anyone else resloved this problem??

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
landmarkgeo
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: outgoing email messages from outlook not being delivered !!!

Outlook btinternet emails down again and have been since 12:30 ish. This just isn't good enough. I'm trying to run a business.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Why on earth would you try to run a business on a consumer grade email product that has no SLA
0 Ratings
landmarkgeo
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Quite simply, I'm not that computer literate, it's not a computer / internet based business ( land survey ), it was easy to set up initially prior to sorting out a decent website, and up until this summer I've not had any trouble. I suspect many users are also in my shoes, service agreement or not, but don't worry I will be changing systems before too long.

What I also don't understand is why BT thought they could do this in two months, or even why they needed to do it. I can't think of any large computer system changover that has gone smoothly. Many seem to be dismal failures and a lot get abandoned halfway through. Assuming they don't currently have a resolution for me (???? - a deathly silence? ) all I would ask is that BT explain what is going on and perhaps stick to set periods of maintenance overnight so as not to affect most people, or send out emails prior to work periods to say of disruption. Wouldn't that be a logical and sensible approach?

0 Ratings