Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jENNIP40
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

outlook express error message - can receive but not send email

Go to solution

This is driving me crazy :-O.

I can receive but not send emails although I can send blank ones to myself. Everything is working fine on BTYAHOO and to mymobile but not in outlook. Have checked and re checked my settings and they are fine. Really need this fixed. Can anyone help.............and you'll need to keep it simple!!!

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Marquee hire', Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 Invalid Smtp line - Should end with CRLF', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC6A

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: outlook express error message - can receive but not send email

Go to solution

Something similar happened to me some time ago and I had to change the outgoing port to 587. Same on my smartphone. It may be a long shot but it's worth a try.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
jENNIP40
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

You're a genius. Thank you. I've been trawling the internet looking for the solution for weeks. Organising a wedding is not easy when you can't respond to emails!! Thanks again Woman Very Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@jENNIP40 wrote:

This is driving me crazy :-O.

I can receive but not send emails although I can send blank ones to myself. Everything is working fine on BTYAHOO and to mymobile but not in outlook. Have checked and re checked my settings and they are fine. Really need this fixed. Can anyone help.............and you'll need to keep it simple!!!

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Marquee hire', Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 Invalid Smtp line - Should end with CRLF', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC6A

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

What anti virus product do you have ? Is it AVG ?

There is an option on outgoing mail in AVG to scan emails - turn that off.

0 Ratings