cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

over 6 months since BT accepted my infinity order and I'm still waiting for connection!! help!!

hello..hopefully someone can point me in the right direction...I live in a small village which has been part of the rural fibre rollout (fastershire scheme)..I am an exisiting BT with customer with phone and standard broadband. In April, whilst checking the BT website I saw at last that orders were being accepted for an upgrade to infinity. Couple of clicks later all sorted - including a renewal of phone contract (clever BT!). I received a few update texts and a new homehub and was all set but on the allocated connection day...nothing. Got a text of BT saying sorry and it would be sorted in a few days. This carried on and then on without connection. I called customer service to find out what was going on and they said a few minor engineering problems which were being sorted. Then the order was closed and reopened with a new order number without me agreeing.

In August, I was at home and I saw an engineer walk down the path, I opened the door to greet him...he was checking the cable running into the house, tested it with a meter of some sort and then said sorry you won't get connected today, I'll have to send a report in for a different engineer to sort something..that will take about a week and then we can go again.

Days become a week..a week becomes a month..still nothing..just a call or text off BT saying nothing doing they will contact me in a few days..a few days later another message saying the same and so on...

End of September I rang customer services to make a complaint more to try and move things along than anything else..all that meant was I would get more phonecalls from customer service saying nothing doing....after a while I started calling the complaints department and they would start giving me reasons for the delay as informed by the engineers..the reason seemed to change on a daily basis...phone poles being constructed (plenty of phone poles round here)..underground works (been and gone ages ago)....I got a standard letter for BT apologising for the delay explaining how I could contact the ombudsman etc...but still no connection...I have spoken to a few folk in the village who have been connected and their properties are only about 150metres from mine and they were connected in the summer...I also live quite close to the cabinet..

Anyway this week I got a message off BT to say they wouldn't be able to connect me after all..I rang up and was told they couldn't connect me..ever!!.. after some discussion the customer service operator said the best thing was to just close the order...I said fine and I would look at a new provider not for fibre just for better customer service....I asked if i would have to pay a cancellation fee..customer services said yes for the phone...but I only took out a phone contract renewal at the same time because I thought I'd get inifinity as part of the package..otherwise I'd have shopped around...

About an hour after speaking to him, I checked online to see if the order was closed..but hey presto..a new order was opened for infinity...this morning I got a text saying it will be installed later this month....obviously I'm sure this is a false hope to think it will be connected..and I'm also being sent a new homehub!!, even though I was sent one earlier this year!!..tonight on my broadband order the following has appeared "BB-None-FTTC-SI_PCPAppt-NoSIM"..any ideas what that means..I don't think it sounds that promising..

So to summarise...I'm on this eternal order loop that never gets fulfilled..but gets closed and reopened after complaints only to never be complete....people living close to me have been connected..and I can't move to another provider because I'll have to pay a cancellation fee...I'm trapped in some kind of BT vortex...

It's the going round in circles that's most frustrating.I'm getting dizzy...any suggestions greatly appreciated

thanks 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: over 6 months since BT accepted my infinity order and I'm still waiting for connection!! help!!

See if mods can find out why there is a problem. They will post help here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Re: over 6 months since BT accepted my infinity order and I'm still waiting for connection!! help!!

Hi skoot303,

Really sorry to hear you're having problems with your order.  I think your best option would be to contact our order team and allow them the chance to put things right.  I’ll drop you a private message now which will include the link to our order team whereby you can online chat with them.  This order team is based in the UK and will own your complaint until everything is sorted out. If you have any further problems after speaking with this team please let us know.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Great - many thanks, folks. I'll give it a try.

0 Ratings