cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 34

Re: over the last 2 days my speed has been a constant 0.13 mb/s

can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to show detail to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z) and run btspeedtester http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results.

If similar to before you are going to need mod assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
alex875
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 34

hi here is adsl settings,

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 11:17:57
Downstream928 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings<script type="text/javascript">// createTable("normal", trClass, td3, td4); // </script>
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)26.5 dB / 21.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)39.0 dB / 22.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)15.7 dBm / 12.3 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)12
Loss of Signal (Local)1
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)28623 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)34 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)

and here is the bt test setting.

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
117 Kbps

0 Kbps250 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
 Download speedachieved during the test was - 117 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :928 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

0 Ratings
Highlighted
alex875
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 34

just seen on adsl stats that  i have only been connected for a matter of hours, i have not reset or unplugged since the other day when i plugged into master. could hub be faulty??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 34

for your attenuation the stats are still not good.  I think you should email the mods for assistance giving your account and phone number and a link back to this thread  forum.moderation.team@bt.com

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
alex875
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 34

i have sent them an email are they in a position to get it fixed or are they just forum guys?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 34

the mods are BT employees and can organise a fix or engineer visit

0 Ratings
alex875
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 34

sent email yesterday no reply do you have any other email address?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 34

no  you need to be patient as it can take a few days  they are busy especially with this bad weather

0 Ratings
alex875
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 34

Hello thanks for your help regarding slow speed. it ended up going up to 5 meg on its own and when engineer come out he said i may as well just leave it as it is.

i have had to move router down stairs away from test socket and into another room. my speed has dropped to 2.5 meg. why is this and is there anything i can do to get it back up to 5?

cheers

iain

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 34

you could leave the router connected to the test/master socket and connect pc/laptop using wireless.

It is a problem with extensions and the reason why you are normally asked to connect to test socket as that is direct to exchange and cuts out interference caused by extensions. 

have you removed the orange bellwire from terminal 3 in the master and all your extension sockets.  this can act like an aerial for noise

0 Ratings