cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thehood
Message 1 of 7

p2p dowloading - waht's the point?

so i'm on the unlimtied optioj for broadbnad - apparently this will allow me about 100 gigs before bt get concerned

so when using bittorrent, the fastest download speed i can get is about 18kbps - peak times about 3kbps

so it takes a whole day to download on movie

so i reckon it's impossible to use more than about 50 gigs a month unless i use iplayer, but i'm not in tv anyway

does everyone else have the same speeds or can is somehow increase the speed?  how do i do this?

thanks guys and girls

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
NanoTm
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: p2p dowloading - waht's the point?

p2p programs are normally capped by the isp to ensure file sharers dont cost htem too much in fines for allowing illegal content sharing (should it be the subject of a legal case) if you want to file share your better off using youtube or soemthing like that, if your trying to get stuff for free then no i dont know how you cna increase it, of course the torrent program normally has a settign to do with how fast/slow it up/downloads stuff and most seeds allow faster download speeds if your sharing the file on to others.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
testdasi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

A relatively recent study by SamKnows shows that BT uses a very aggressive bandwidth throttle on P2P (e.g. bittorrent). And I believe it is fixed and there is no way to change it.

0 Ratings
bingefeller
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

I just leave any P2P downloads going overnight and they are usually done by the morning. 

0 Ratings
U62
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

If you're in a hurry to watch it, buy it!

Only someone with a severe case of greed, and a total lack of outdoor skills, can actually download and watch 100Gb of movies in 1 month.

0 Ratings
mikejones
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

most things on bit torrent, emule and the likes can be found else where, rapidshare and so on. premium accounts are proper cheap so splash out or look further than where the crowds go.

0 Ratings
jamsea07
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

i would say o2/be if at your exchange would be the best . No p2p capps and they have no real f.u.p . Alot of there users download 300gb+ a month and o2/be dont bat a eyelid!
Orange LLU
Jamie Earl
"Geek"
0 Ratings