cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

password and security question changed - not by me

At 11:14 yesterday I received emails to my sub accounts acknowledging my change of password on my primary btopenworld account. Since I had not chaned this I went to webmail and tried to login and my password did not work and it told me I got my security questions incorrect. After a while in chat I reset the password and found that the answer to my security question was as expected but preceded by $c0mp_ which someone else must have put there. However as underscore is not permitted within an answer I thought this odd. My new password and security question/answer installed I continued the day with Windows live mail until 16:38 when the whole issue happened again. This time resets via phone happened and again my security answer was preceded with $c0mp_ .  I did not reinstate the new password in Windows live mail just in case. I did antivirus checks etc no issue. No new email has been added as a forwarding address and having checked btyahoo history no-one accessed at any relevant time. Does anyone know what happened and more importantly how can I avoid a repeat?

Many thanks

Angela

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: password and security question changed - not by me

Not an answer, but the originator of this thread appears to have the same problem. https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-Account-keeps-being-hacked/td-p/1577830

Hopefully a mod will spot this and pick it up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thank you licquorice
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

dollyponduk

A moderator has replied to you in this thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-Account-keeps-being-hacked/td-p/1577830/page/2

I would suggest that you contact him via the link he has posted for you and to keep everything together just use the other thread instead of this one.

0 Ratings