cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inthemix
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

phishing@bt.com

I forwarded a phishing email this morning stating that "my payment to BT was declined" to phishing@bt.com and it was bounced back with the following message:

- These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:
phishing@bt.com; Failed; 5.3.0 (other or undefined mail system status)

Remote MTA smtpe1.intersmtp.com: network error

- SMTP protocol diagnostic: 550 Delivery not authorized, message refused

How are we supposed to report phishing emails?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: phishing@bt.com

I wouldn't bother, if I were you.  There's nothing BT can do to stop scammers sending them out, anyway.

0 Ratings
Jane2018
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I had one today. It says it is from BT Business and my bill amount is £132,52 which rang warning bells as is not my usual monthly invoice. I am still not 100% convinced it is fake but am going to ignore it. 

It is from btbusiness@btsgl.com

I ignored all the links in the email and logged on to my two BT accounts and it was neither of those so decided it was fake

It knew my  BT username and my email address. From a hack?

No spelling errors of any kind so looks very genuine and indeed it might be.

0 Ratings
StrudeL
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

I am getting several emails each day now purporting to be from BT Billing.

I do copy over the actual sender email address and add that to my 'Block senders' list

This I do every time (it is always a new e-address following the BT name).
I do not manage our BT account - my husband does, but I am the one who gets all the bother with these phishing/scam emails reminding me in no uncertain terms that I DO need to pay!

Naturally I never click on any attachments nor invoice links, but in the good name of BT I do feel that you should be aware of this intrusion on a daily basis and the bother it takes to try and deal with the problem.

Maybe you can do nothing ... and don't really care as it is not yor company time - But as a 'so-called customer-facing' organisation, you must be made aware.

I hope for a response!!

0 Ratings