Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robertshillito
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

phone connectors

Go to solution

had recent problems with phone, discovered fault with 2 x way connector, the faulty one is a  lead [wich connects my sky] this fits into the phone socket leaving 2 x sockets for my phone and bt home hub.  as i'm not bothered about sky interactive i unplugged this socket    bought a new 2 x way adaptor from argos ,plugged it in, broadband and phone work ok, BUT, i've lost my caller display,    when i plug phone straight into wall socket it's back  obviously the 2x way adaptor is at fault, can anyone advise me as what adaptor i need,[i'm assuming the one i've bought is wrong ] also can i buy a 3 x wa one if i need to connect sky sometime, i contacted bt but they want £130 just to come out. [Open Reach is out of reach at moment]

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: phone connectors

Go to solution

Which type of master socket do you have?

One of these

NTE5_fl[1].jpg

Or one of these

LJU2_front[1].jpg

Or if you are lucky

One of these

adsl faceplate.jpg

0 Ratings
robertshillito
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

number 1 on you list, [op one]

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@robertshillito wrote:

number 1 on you list, [op one]

If you unscrew the front plate there is a test socket behind. Plug a microfilter in there, and then plug your home hub and phone into the  two respective sockets. Do not plug anything else in.

Then check your caller display again and see if it works.

0 Ratings
robertshillito
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Absolutely brilliant,             I've had bt technical help 3 x times,[when i could understand them,] I've had online live talk,and also had Open Reach phoning 3 x times,     none solved it,   I  joined forum today to try to sort it and you came up with the perfect solution,   thnks very much, i owe you a pint !

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@robertshillito wrote:

Absolutely brilliant,             I've had bt technical help 3 x times,[when i could understand them,] I've had online live talk,and also had Open Reach phoning 3 x times,     none solved it,   I  joined forum today to try to sort it and you came up with the perfect solution,   thnks very much, i owe you a pint !

Just one quick comment, if you have any extensions that you need to keep working, then you may like to replace that bottom section with a filtered ADSL faceplate like this.

adsl faceplate.jpg

0 Ratings