cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

'phone fault since Infinity installation

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my 'phone line since Infinity was installed, reference:  *****-*****.

The fault has been correctly diagnosed as being in my premises as when I unplug the Modem 1B the 'phone is OK. The remedy was to send me a new ADSL filter, unfortunately the filter is not a direct replacement. This was despite my explanation that the filter was integral to the connection box! Where do I go from here?

Regards,

Dave

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: 'phone fault since Infinity installation

Sounds like a faulty modem, I assume you have the modem plugged into the top socket of the Openreach NTE? And your phone is plugged into the bottom one.

Please edit out your reference number as this is a public forum. Thanks.

newnte.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Many thanks Keith,

The installation is correct as shown. A faulty modem is what I summised and suggested it to the call centre. Obviously it's a HH4 with separate modem, unfortunately the staff at the call centre don't have knowledge of their products they are trying to fix.

Regards,

Dave

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I am not sure they can send replacement modems, but they could send out a HH5 instead.

Are they going to deal, or would you like the problem to be passed to a moderator?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

if a replacement modem is needed you will need an Openreach engineer visit to replace it unless you can get the call centre to send out a Home Hub 5
0 Ratings