Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theboatman99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 29

Re: phone line fault - scandalous customer service

Go to solution

I reported a dangerously low cable 2 months ago.....

BT still have this fault open but nothing has been done about it.

Line is so low I had to move daughters trampoline from garden as I was afrain of her hanging herself on wire.

BT don't seem to give a damm !

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 29

Go to solution
This is not a BT problem it is
Openreach that is responsible for the network you can contact them on this link http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/contactus/tellussomething/tellussomethingaboutournetwork/tellab...
0 Ratings
jonnyw
Beginner
Message 23 of 29

Go to solution

I hear your pain.  BT Customer Service is a false statement.  One, we are not customers, they think we work for BT and two; there is no service.

It took three months to get a line installed in our home.

It took another month to get a phone line connected.

It took another week to get Broadband.

Broadband's speed wasn't as advertised so we filed a report after two weeks.

It got worse.

Finally at tech from India suggested I plug the modem line into the test line; Internet speed works much better.

Now the phone doesn't work.

Called; said a tech will be out in three days.  No show.

Called; that tech was wrong and one would come out today between 0800 and 1300; no show.

Arrived at 1319 and sent away.  My wife refuses to deal with BT anymore so its me. 

Wasted the time away from work.

Then BT has the guts to say the fault is fixed on line!

No, BT, the phone doesn't work.

Sent two email complaints.  Haven't heard a word.

So, what are you going to do for me BT?  Do I have to waste more time off work?

When will you fix my phone?

At least the Broadband works despite the face plate hanging out of the wall.

0 Ratings
Inge_Jones
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 29

Go to solution

IMHO every elderly or vulnerable person should also have a mobile phone for emergency backup.  For those who are nervous of technology there are some very simple basic ones and some with large keys.

0 Ratings
rhyds
Expert
Message 25 of 29

Go to solution

@Inge_Jones wrote:

IMHO every elderly or vulnerable person should also have a mobile phone for emergency backup.  For those who are nervous of technology there are some very simple basic ones and some with large keys.

The problem with mobiles "just for emergencies" is that

1: Said phone must have a charged battery, if it's "just for emergencies" then it might not be checked for months

2: Mobile phone companies will disconnect a SIM if it hasn't been used in x number of months. See above

3: Mobile phone signal coverage is far from 100%. I can think of many houses, even in urban areas that have patchy in-building coverage.

4: Care alarms are designed to work with exchange lines. They are not designed to work with mobiles.

What's needed is for Openreach to invest in enough staff for the care and maintainance of its network in a timely fashion.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 29

Go to solution
rhyds Openreach have in the last year increased there staff by over 1000 as well as using outside contractors to cover the work in the last year there has been an abnormally high level of work caused by the flooding and general bad weather across the UK which has increased the wait time for repairs and new installs
0 Ratings
rhyds
Expert
Message 27 of 29

Go to solution

I find that very hard to beilieve when I'm given four week lead times for busniess line installs and stories here of even longer ones for domestic installs. Also, 1,000 might sound a lot, but when you spread it from Cornwall to Cumbria to the Highlands it doesn't sound that impressive.

This winter has been mild, especially when compared to recent ones. When 2011 started with a thaw following a very harsh winter our local water supplier had to deal with an inordinate ammount of bursts in the area. They simply threw every available staff member at the problem. If it were openreach, they'd simply declare MBORC and get around to fixing the pipes sometime in june...

0 Ratings
mcowley01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 29

Go to solution

I don't know how to start a new topic so I'll say it here and hope someone replies:

Due to today's storm I now have no dial tone so have reported the fault to BT.

A few years ago BT offered free call divert to mobile of incomimg calls while the line was faulty. I can't find any reference to it now. Does it still exist?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 29

Go to solution
yes you can have a free divert you have also been told how to start a new post on the other post you started just click on new at the top of the page on the left
0 Ratings