cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmunday19
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: phone line works, no broadband since yesterday

ok seems i spoke a little too soon, broadband is up and down constantly. seems strange we didn't even get a hint of broadband then suddenly today its nearly there, just not quite...
0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 17

@DavidM has offered support, I highly recommend you use the Contact Mods link on his profile to get support from the mods, they are a group of troubleshooters who have a very good reputation in solving problems customers have.
0 Ratings
gmunday19
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 17

had the engineer come over today, he confirmed the issue was the flooded connection pit up the road and that coupled with the fact our lines are very fragile aluminium lines that he said urgently something needed to be done as he had 5 more faults he had to visit in our small village, he also said there were two other engineers in the village with jobs too.

he did a dlm reset and now we get 34.69mbit down and 2mbit up, snr margin is 24db/5.6db now.

line also seems stable but with heavy rain due tomorrow were not holding up hope.

how many faults in the village do openreach need before they replace the dreaded flooded pit with a proper cabinet and replace the old aluminium lines.

every engineer that ive spoken to says it all urgently needs doing as they are all spending way too much time on callouts in the village.

0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 17

If you haven't already taken up the mods' offer of support, do so. They may be able to get Openreach to sort out your problem, as it appears to be affecting everyone in your village.

Another way to get this sorted is to get everyone in your village to post in this thread with similar complaints: the more people complaining, the more chance the mods can action Openreach to do something.
0 Ratings
gmunday19
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

i could try, but not everyone is on bt, next door is on sky and their connection is even more shocking than ours they barely get 1.5mbit. i also think we are the only ones on infinity at the moment as the cabinet was only really recently upgraded and i pushed and pushed to get it, another neighbour on bt has been told its not available!. i notice again today there is another openreach van in the village parked by the pit. surely the amount of times openreach are here classes a a big issue with all the lines.
0 Ratings
gmunday19
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

I cant seem to find the contact link on Davidm profile, I'm logged in, but it still tells me I need to be logged in to see it?. It's raining again and issues are starting again 😞

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 17 of 17

Hi gmunday19,

Apologies for the mix up.

Check my profile and you'll see the link to send over your details.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings