Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

picture breaks up when using UHD Youview Box

Go to solution

Aerial pictures break up on my newly installed BT UHD YouView Box. All internet channels are functioning perfectly. I decided to disconnect the Ethernet cable from my UHD Box and the Freeview aerial channels all worked perfectly well. Of course, since disconnecting from the internet, I cannot access programmes that requires its connection. Surely. there must be a solution to this problem? Can anyone advise, please? 

I am using a Bush HD tv and a BT Smart Hub 6 . Incidentally, I was using a basic mini YV Box and a BT Hub 3, and there wasn't a problem. I don't have a UHD tv, yet. I shall be buying one soon.

In anticipation

BalladofRG

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: picture breaks up when using UHD Youview Box

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum. @BalladofRG1

It could be too much signal overloading the YouView box. You could try a 6dB attenuator which you can get from TV shops or online.

Signal overload is quite common if you are near a transmitter, or have an aerial amplifier.

If the signal is too strong, the digital tuners in the YouView box cannot extract the data from the muxes, they are not all the same strength, which is why some channels work, and others do not.

See

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Freeview-HD-Channels-Pixelation/m-p/1699515#M33125

Try a 6dB attenuator in the aerial input to the YouView box as suggested.

They are a very simple inline component, with a TV plug and socket, and fit in the lead, where it plugs into the YouView box.

Image1.jpg

Maplin do them  Code: BW59P  That is a 6dB attenuator which should br enough to stop the problem.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

What signal strength & quality are you seeing when you go into MyView -> settings --> signal information? I may not be using the correct names but you should get the gist.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hello

for

Thank you for your response. 100% for signal strength and the same percentage for quality. see previous message.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for your input.

I have reset everything and that has helped, somewhat, although not entirely. I am going to buy a 4K tv, sooner rather than later. Once set up, then I shall see how the new set responds to my UHD Box. My current tv is sorely out of date and is only HD ready, which can only operate at a maximum of 720p. Although it did (tv) work fine with Hub 3 and basic Youview mini. I know the UHD box is a different beast.

I very much appreciate your time in trying to solve my problem and I hope I havn't wasted your time too much. 

With thanks

BalladofRG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@BalladofRG1 wrote:

Hello

for

Thank you for your response. 100% for signal strength and the same percentage for quality. see previous message.

@BalladofRG1

That is too much signal, you need to aim for about 70-80% maximum, to get a reliable digital extraction of the mux data.

You are likely to get pictur breakup at 100% signal.

0 Ratings