Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

picturebox

Go to solution

as bt took off picturebox on there bt tv ?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: picturebox

Go to solution

I've asked the mods to seek clarification.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi ken2222,

Thanks for posting!

Yes, PictureBox has now been removed from the service however there are still over a hundred movies available from huge studios including "Disney Movies On Demand" and "Sony Pictures".

All the best,

Robbie

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Obviously BT are running the service down, do we know when the contracts expire with these other companies or can that information not be shared (it would be good if we had warning of when movies will dissapear so we can get them watched before). Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

thanks for the info look like i will keep with  netfix  on bt tv .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

How long will it be before BT decided to close BT film and TV box sets altogether.

Im still paying £5 a month for this and the film cloice is becoming less and less every few months.

I could already use Netflix before BT started offering the service.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
It does seem a very odd decision.. Thought that BT were re investing in the platform to become a multi service competitor to sky and Virgin moving forward. Would love to know what their plans are moving forward and whether this means in the future a bt box will be you view plus a load of third party plugins (eg Netflix) and if so it will only ever be a service reseller
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

BT are moving in the only direction they can, they can't compete with sky for movies as they have the first rights tied up with all the movie companies for a long time. Netflix/Amazon already buy and sell second rights and TV quite effectively and make there services available freely to anyone so there is no point trying to replicate what they are already doing.

BT do provide high quality additional channels and (hopefully) will look to add more in the future. They also provide thier own sports channels, you quote Sky and VIRGIN and then put BT down for being only a re-seller. The fact is VIRGIN are only a re-seller, the only TV company/provider (apart from BT) that offers thier own content is SKY...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

I suggest you remove the 'new this month' picturebox advert in the films section which shows films showing in January '2014'. It is very unprofessional and misleading....

Also why does it have 'Ted' as a backdrop.. Again very misleading...

IMG_20150110_230328.jpg

IMG_20150110_230345~2.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

BT maybe trying to complete with the likes of Sky with sport and that's a good thing but what about some other stuff for the some of the non sports fans out there or for them that may only watch sport once in a while.

I also agree that the new picture box this month as should be removed.

I'm wondering how long it will be before the BT film and box sets will close altogether for old customers like me.

Darren

0 Ratings