Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 121 of 366

Re: planning to get myself an unlocked openreach modem

@Barry57 wrote:

Would say the HG612 3B is far easier for keeping an eye on the line with the extra software.

Excuse the ignorance, but what software comes with each of these modems (standard locked)? Do you need an unlocked one to get at the kind of software referred to above? What will that software tell you about the line? (up/down speed? total data transfer? daily traffic? hourly traffic?)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 122 of 366

This is some software that you can use to monitor your connection. The page I have linked to shows what the software can monitor http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/configuration.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 123 of 366

Very interesting, but I think a bit too confusing for me. I'm not sure I understand where the software sits and, if it sits on a PC, whether or not it is necessary for the PC to be switched on and connected to the router the whole time. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 124 of 366

yes, that's correct.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 125 of 366

Hi sylver 123

how are you finding the 3300 its been a while since you got it. Ive been on infinity now for seven months and had nothing but trouble including six different hubs, but was wondering if one of these might help

Mike

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 126 of 366

I also switched from a rebooting HH5 (had three of them!) to an unlocked Huawei 3B Openreach modem.

I don't use the additional software as I am OSX based and they all run on Windows - but to anyone thinking it's all too complicated - it's really not.

Deploying this modem gave me what I needed from BT - a rock solid connection. The problem was not the line - it was the modem software.

If you're tearing your hair out - and can't take any more time off work waiting for yet another Engineer visit - give one of these a try. What do you have to lose? if it doesn't work out - sell it on using an auction site.

Would not trade mine for gold.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 127 of 366

No the feeling 10 engineers visits, and have been told recently there's nothing more they can do,    so I might bite the bullet and give one of thses a try.

Cheers..

Mike.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 128 of 366

After three months of discussions with some very helpful people - I was eventually told "that's the best it's going to be." And that was a connection where the HH5 rebooting 19 times in a period of twenty minutes.

Actually, the best it can be is running an unlocked OP modem with BTAgent disabled. Rock solid - couple of months uptime currently.

I did get the ball rolling by emailing the Chairman back in January. I would advise anyone else feeling frustrated to do the same. They have got some excellent people who are very willing to help you, and keep you updated, often on a daily basis.

If only emailing the Prime Minister would have a similar effect...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 129 of 366

@AJWard wrote:

I did get the ball rolling by emailing the Chairman back in January.......

Do you have an address?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 130 of 366

He'd have tp PM you that as it would only be deleted.

0 Ratings