_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 222 of 366

Re: planning to get myself an unlocked openreach modem

Does UpNp need to be on? I thought it was supposed to be better on not off.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 223 of 366

Hi Ray,
My estimate I think was 56' only time I get this is after a dlm , then obviously interleaving comes in
and reduces it down to between 40/46' I think my interleaving may have come down though
Was (1240) , with this unlocked eci/r but I dont think there is a way of checking it
on these.

Mike
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 224 of 366

Sounds like there could still be a problem, but I don't know anything about the ECI sorry.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 225 of 366

We'll I think your right, but they have been out so many times now I think I'll have to settle for what I've got,
Just out of interest does any body know if you can access interleaving stats on an unlocked eci/ ??

Mike
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 226 of 366

dont think you can mate or its quite difficult, interleave was always off here even with loads of disconnections, that was until bt upped the noise margin to 15 and even though its gone back down to 6 its still not gone off, router uptime has almost been 3 solid days now, with sky fibre it took 4 solid days for interleave to go off, hopefully one more day shall cure it here. think my interleave depth is 871 1 or something like that. one disconnection after the engineer had interleave turned off, it turned itself back on, crappy bt routers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 227 of 366

We'll mines been up and running now for about 10 days, it would have been more, but have been painting and pulled up the carpet and accidentally disconnected the DSL cable, never mind.
I always thought if you had heavy interleaving that a certain amount would always remain ?
Anybody else know if you can get up interleaving stats up on an unlocked eci/r ...

Mike.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 228 of 366

I guess you saw this reply? http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=12111.msg269784#msg269784
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 229 of 366

Still stable fasthpath with no silly  bt updates or openrg  reboots ect 🙂

Apprently  some of the more advanced routers like the RTN66 has iptables/ Masquerade configuration options that allow linestats from the eci/r to be optained through just the wan connection, so a switch can be bypased. 

Goes a litle over my head at the moment but this was the  telnet  example for any linux based router with iptables for the ECI/r

ifconfig eth0 192.168.168.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
iptables -I POSTROUTING -t nat -o eth0 -d *192.168.168.0/24 -j MASQUERADE  *change to suit

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 230 of 366

Mike

I just used the simple   bt get stat command which shows the quite a lot of infomation including interleaving on the eci/r.

There are more complex commands on kitz as Ray highlights but I''m happy keeping to the simple as I woundn't want to risk locking it/breaking it :oops:

0 Ratings