Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShaunMcQuillan
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

playback complete ????

Go to solution
Hi
We have only just moved from sky+hd to bt youview. We could watch the programmes we recorded on sky as much as we liked yet now we have viewed an episode of eastenders when we try to watch again it just says "play back of your recording is complete" someone please help...the misses if giving me ear ache as bt was my idea lol.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: playback complete ????

Go to solution
It says playback complete please press OK. Do that and it goes back to My View and your list of recordings. Play it again and it starts from the beginning.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
ShaunMcQuillan
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
No. It just keeps coming up with playback of your recording has ended. Could be cancelling an calling sky pretty soon.....
0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Go back to the main recordings menu and try again. If that fails switch the box off  at the back and reboot.

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
ShaunMcQuillan
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
I've just disconnected from the mains and re booted and still wont let me view. ... you can watch recordings more than once with bt can't you??
0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Of course you can watch them as many times as you like. It is just a PVR.
When you go to My View you see a list of recordings - yes? You can play them, rewind them etc.

Did you actually watch the programme in question bad ket it run to the end? Or have you never watched it and this appears when you try and watch it - if this is the case then it means there was an error and the recording falled

Of course it is available on the iPlayer

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
MartinSW
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@ShaunMcQuillan wrote:
Hi
We have only just moved from sky+hd to bt youview. We could watch the programmes we recorded on sky as much as we liked yet now we have viewed an episode of eastenders when we try to watch again it just says "play back of your recording is complete" someone please help...the misses if giving me ear ache as bt was my idea lol.

The message just means the recording has been watched at that it's still at the very end - imagine it's a VCR tape which hasn't been rewound. 

All you need to do is highlight the recording in the MyView screen, press OK and then press the ZERO (0) key on the remote to rewind the recording to the very beginning and hit OK to start playing. 

You can also use this to start playback from a desired point - say 10 minutes in - by typing in the number of minutes you want to play from. 

0 Ratings
danandleanne
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
I'm having I think the same problem? If I've recorded a 45 minute show it will play for a short time and then stop and claim Playback Complete, I've also noticed that the status bar that shows were you are in the show will be at the end?
0 Ratings
TimSmedley
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
0 Ratings