cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danwoodley
Message 1 of 7

pls help been without bb for 3 weeks

broadband started dropping out intermittently i called the help desk and they diagnosed a fault on the line. an engineer came and fixed the fault 3 days ago and ever since my bb has been intermittent dropping out. when its on it reaches a might 0.2mbs speed. i cant open web pages let alone skype, stream or use the broadband for what i need it for.

even the bt speed check sys it is unable to check the speed as the connection may be too slow......

i have spoken to tens of peopleon the help desk i have been passed from dept to dept and hung up on whilst on hold 7 times the latest being at this very moment as i am on hold the line is silent and has been for the last 22minutes.

im at the end of my patience with the faceless bt customer help desk please can anyone here help?

dan 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: pls help been without bb for 3 weeks

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run  btspeedtester  (MAC users may have problems). when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post the results .

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Danwoodley
Message 3 of 7

yes im conecting via a filter to the main socket. 

quiet line test was fine - quiet!

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 0.25 Mbps

0 Mbps0.25 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.25 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.1 Mbps-0.25 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 0.25 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.54 Mbps

0 Mbps0.83 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.54Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

which hub version do you have?  are you able to connect to test socket as against the master socket?  by connecting to the test socket you eliminate any problems caused by your internal wiring

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Danwoodley
Message 5 of 7

HH 3.0

test results plugged into test socket below

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 0.24 Mbps

0 Mbps0.25 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.24 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.1 Mbps-0.25 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 0.25 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.56 Mbps

0 Mbps0.83 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.56Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

we still need your hub stats to help diagnose your problem
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

as it vis a hhe then enter 192.168.1.254 into your browser and enter hub manager and navigate to adsl stats

0 Ratings