cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 123

poor evening speed

Hi, i posted a problem a few weeks ago regarding poor evening speed, In The morningi get 40 70 mb but in the evening I only get about3/4 mb now at the time of posting my original thread i was told to leave the router plugged in to establish the connection Which I have done to no avail....So let me make the problem clear in the morning 30/70mb dropping to 3mb in the evening this is worse than my btbroadband In The evening
Anyone help?
Tech help day the problem is in my house I can't see how when it's only the evening when the speed is bad.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
122 REPLIES 122
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 123

Re: poor evening speed

Anyone?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 123

Are you using a wired or wireless connection? What Homehub do you have.

Use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot all the results including your IP profile for up and down. Do this before the speeds normally slow down and again when they have slowed down.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 123

Hi, thanks for your reply, I'm a little more concerned now, router stopped working today and had to be reset, now I'm getting 2mb speed in the evening downloading anything is painful.
I'm using the router which was supplied by bt the latest onei believe can I just add that my upload speed is never affected (17 mb standard)
Seems to me that infinity is worthless as my old bband was quicker
Yes I have used bt speed checker as well as lots of other checkers this morningi was receiving25 Ish mb and this evening down to 2mbs
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 123

Can you post the details I asked for as this can help diagnose what the problem might be.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 123

Now it's just disconnecting,2.81mbps down 18.73 up this is usinga wireless connection, the same connectioni used this morning and got29 mbps down 17.63 up
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 123

Who do I phone about this tech help havnt helped at all.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 123

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 123

this was a wired connection

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 123

Your IP Profile is not very clear but it looks to be 77.xx Mbps which is very good and would indicate that your line is very good and that DLM is not lowering your speeds. As you did the speed test on a wired connection that would rule out any wireless interference. 

Due to this happening only in the evening, and to try and rule things out, have you noticed if it always happens at the same time?

Is the homehub sharing a double electrical socket with anything, such as a TV?

Is the homehub situated near anything that could cause electrical interference?