cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 91 of 123

Re: poor evening speed

sorry to hear you're still in the snail lane Mike - my view would be to contact the moderator you have been dealing with and demand that he pass your complaint and problem to BT Retail Executive Level Technical Complaints - otherwise i think you might just be hanging around forever waiting for action

i'll keep my fingers crossed that that will end up sorting it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 92 of 123

Still there greydog,the dizzying speeds of .8mbps tonight,it didn't bother me too much last week because i was off work and online during the day but now in back at work and online after 6pm its just a drag and ...well you know how i feel.
it seems the longer the complaint goes on the less people care.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 93 of 123

I thought the fix date was Feb 10 or Feb 24?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 94 of 123

Mike,

I have been experiencing a similar problem to yourself.

I live in Aberdeen (Exchange ABERDEEN NORTH) and have been experiencing slow evening speeds (generally after 4:30pm when i get home from work). 

link to my post https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Re-Users-download-upload-speeds-consistant/...

You are not alone and i must say it is frustrating when the promise a high broadband speeds is sold to you and the promise is not realised. The company is quick to remove the money from your bank account but not as quick at resolving what appears to be a serious issue to its customers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 95 of 123

Thanks for posting Duncan,how long have you been encountering problems and what has been done/said about your situation?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 96 of 123

Mike,

So far this has been going on for several weeks. I firstly did all the usual checks and monitored my D/L speeds for a couple of weeks, after no light at the end of the tunnel i looked through this forum for possible solutions. After not seeing much that could be done by myself i contacted an online BT rep via the online chat function of the website. This person took me through the usual IT questions and possible fixes (one of which was take out my ethernet cable and clean it.....). Once the person concluded that they could not fix the problem from a remote location i was advised to "monitor my speeds" and if they did not improve then to contact BT again.

Definately not impressed. The onus of the problem was shifted in my direction (or at least that is the way it came across).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 97 of 123

I feel your pain Duncan.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 98 of 123

My speeds are worse than ever...
My advice to anyone thinking of upgrading(if you can call it a upgrade as mine is worse than ever)is don't do it
I wish I could just go back to standard broadband now
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 99 of 123

Last night it took 2 mins 30 seconds to download a mp3 .....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 100 of 123

Hi mikegrath,

Sorry to see you are still having problems. Have you been kept updated with what is being done, if anything, to try and fix your problem.

The BT Status page still shows a problem at the Dalton in Furness area exchange

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status/a_id/20080

and the last I read was that the exchange was to be fixed by 10th Feb.

0 Ratings