cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikegrath
Contributor
Message 111 of 123

Re: poor evening speed

Why would it be fine all weekend and now broken again.jeez taking it personal now

0 Ratings
greydog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 112 of 123

hi mike and everyone, well, here i am back again, after about a week of good speeds at night things have started to take a downward dip yet again - at 7.45pm gone from 73mb to 44mb and still dropping (using bt wholesale performance tester) after the HH5 reset itself yet again and put me on a different server (i assume that is what the IP it connects to is) -

far from happy reallly with infinity - it just can't seem to stay consistent for a long period of time - ( i am on the on cayton bay exchange near scarborough)

Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
mikegrath
Contributor
Message 113 of 123

Me too gdog,tested now 2.9mbps
To be fair BT did say 10th of Feb so 5 more days to( I rekin I'll be back here on the 11th 😕
0 Ratings
greydog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 114 of 123

hi mike - speed dropped to 23mb by 9.30pm - it would nice if there was a genuine alternative to bt (not a third party that uses their infrastructure) - but here we're pretty much stuck over a barrel - i notice this isn't the only thread on these forums dealing with speed issues - bt obviously doesn't give a **bleep** about its customers or it would make every effort to resolve these issues for everyone - what makes it even more gallling here in north yorkshire is all the funding they've had from the county council (e.g. the local tax payer) so we've effectively been fleeced twice!!

S.O.S - SORT OUR SPEEDS

Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Mabbo
Beginner
Message 115 of 123

Guys, I'm new to infinity, had it installed about two weeks ago. I mainly use the interent for catch up TV. I have a smart TV in the bedroom, which is what I use the most. On the my old BT broadband downloading an hours worth of viewing may have taken 90 seconds. The new BT infinity will not download more than 5 seconds of play. And guess what, in the evenings!!!!!!!! It looks like I have been sold a pup as well. CAn't believe all I am reading for a service that is supposed to be so good. Oh, and geographically I am in the South, EAstbourne, on the South coast. Infinity has only been available in our area for 6 months or so. But the evening service seem to be attrochious. I have rung BT in India whom a sedning me a wireless booster to aid my HH5. NOt sure what it will do but I'll keep you posted.

Last night, I tried to test my speeds with the BT tool............and it told me my line speed was too slow to run the test !!!!!!!!!!!

At this rate.........I will be asking for the old BB to be put back in.

Is there anyway to find out how many peopel country wide are suffering this?

Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 116 of 123

The only valid speed test is when its made using an Ethernet cable, and running the BT Wholesale speed test. If that gives you the correct speed, then its a local networking issue within your house. WiFi speed is not guaranteed.

Smart TVs should be connected using an Ethernet cable or powerline adapters, if you want a reliable connection.

0 Ratings
-AndyH-
Expert
Message 117 of 123

New Kidsgrove/Alsager capacity is scheduled to be implemented tonight - http://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/maintenance-outage-details.aspx?reference=235198

0 Ratings
Duncan1985
Aspiring Contributor
Message 118 of 123

As a BT infinity 2 package owner (which is not cheap) can i settle with BT to paying only 10% of my bill as i am only getting 10% of the 70meg connection i am currently paying for?

10% of the money for 10% of the service sounds like "fair usage" to me.

I understand that the speeds may drop due to congestion but 90% reduction in speed hardly sounds like a good infrastructure. Perhaps more investment into stress checking the lines before promising this big fancy service would be a good idea?

0 Ratings
mikegrath
Contributor
Message 119 of 123

Ok guys after a few faultless weeks here we go again...1.4mbps tonight 20/2/2014
why cant they just get a stable service.
0 Ratings
mikegrath
Contributor
Message 120 of 123

Still the same.

0 Ratings