Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 21 of 123

Re: poor evening speed

Hi mikegrath,

Robbie sent you an email earlier today, if you can just reply to his email as normal the message will get back to him.
Cheers,
Chris
BT mod Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 22 of 123

Beyond a joke now 2mbs
But still 17 up.....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 23 of 123

Just done a comparison on my orange mobile internet 8mb down 1.1 up, compared to 2mb down on my infinity
Really winding me up lol
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 123

Once the moderators get to your problem I'm sure they will get it fixed for you. Did you get the email from Robbie?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 25 of 123

I did yes replied with infos requested just waiting for a call back today (Saturday)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 26 of 123

Engineer booked for this wednesday how it fixes the issue.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 27 of 123

Engineer visited today did some stuff now i get3.5mb down 17 up. .... and now I have to wait another10 days
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 123

I am seeing the same issue. Have had infinity for 2 years now and it's been solid. Gone from a stable 28mb down to 3-4mb in the evening. Ip profile 29mb. I have a call open with BT and they have had me changing the wireless channel (even though I am using Ethernet?). Anyway there is a fundamental issue somewhere which need sorting.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 29 of 123

It's not just me then, wierd thing is my speed is Ok during the day and rubbish at night. The engineer said that you should not experience congestion on fibre, mines not been right since install paying a lot of money a month for a service which is flawed, I for one am advising my friends and colleagues(and anyone that will listen) against getting fibre mine is worse than standard bband. Just want it fixed tbh.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 123

BT have come back to me today. They can't find any issues with thier network, so next step is an engineer visit. If during the home visit they find an issue with my network, I will be billed £129. Confident I don't have a local issue!

Speed tests today:

(http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/)

5pm 27mb

6pm 25mb

8pm 15mb

10pm 6mb

Something I have become aware of - BT have I think lifted restrictions on P2P for unlimited users - could this be slowing everying down at busy times??

Anyway - will pursue with BT and post progress (if I get anywhere!)

0 Ratings