cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 51 of 123

Re: poor evening speed

on saturday a Mod called me to say that the "fix" at the exchange went ahead but unfortunatly the part was faulty...id like to believe but im sceptical...anyway the new part will be installed on monday so il get a call on tuesday probly reg'd this issue i must admit i hold little hope tbh...il post here witht the results

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 52 of 123

Ran a speed test this morning, 65mb, have checked most of the day been OK 30mb , just run it again 4mbs BTW it's 4.30pm:-(
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 53 of 123

Still no increase in evening speed.
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 54 of 123

Which exchange are you on?
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 55 of 123

Smiley Frustrated  not sure if i am posting in right place (first post on these forums), but have been having evening speed issues for over a month (my second full month with bt infinity) - i am able to monitor my speed all day frequently as live and work from home. all day i get a rock solid 74mb download, then at 6.30pm the speeds starts to fall like a stone - went from 74mb at 6.00pm to just 25mb by 9.30pm - (using bt wholesale perfomance tester) - i finally got fed up with it and contacted support via email, then got a call this morning saying someone would ring me this evening between 7 and 8 to run tests during the peak period - but i got an email at 7.30 saying they would not be contacting me by phone and my line was 'perfect' ! - dropping from 74mb to 25mb within a few hours every night is NOT perfect in anyone's book - i sent off another email complaining (tried the 0800 phone number but was kept holding for more than 20 minutes so gave that up) - having read some of these forums it seems this is a big problem for a lot of people, what i don;t get is why bt doesn't take it seriously and respond promptly to put it right - and yes, my hh5 is ethernet cabled not wireless and everythin is off when doing the tests, and yes i have rebooted and no that doesn't help and NO it is not a problem here, it is BT's problem - er, sorry for ranting . . . anyone have any idea how i can get this resolved?

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 56 of 123

@ greydog/mikegrath

Can you tell me which exchange you're on? You can find out here if you put your number in http://www.dslchecker.bt.com

I am guessing one of you will be on Alsager, Kidsgrove or Barrow in Furness.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 123

thanks for your response - i am on the cayton bay exchange near scarborough, north yorkshire

note: last night (when i supposed to get a call from bt but didn't because they said by email that the line was 'perfect') by 9.30pm my speed was down at 13.97mb on the BTW performance tester - this morning at 5.00am back up at 74mb and rock solid again

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 58 of 123

Wow Andy good guess at barrow in Furness(walney to be exact)
My evening speed has been doing to. .5mb so I feel you're pain grey dog.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 59 of 123

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 60 of 123

hi mike - certainly feeling the pain LOL! what gets me angry isn't the speed drop (well not much) it's the frustration and not getting someone at BT to take ownership of the problem and see it through until it is sorted - if i paid for a trolley of shopping i'd expect to leave with the full load, not half of it or less - BT it seems is too quick to point the finger at customers wiring or whatever, or to blame congestion or the like, or to rely on the 'small print' about speeds - but they still take the money and i don't see them offering a reduction of half for my less than half speeds - and even that's okay, if only they would take it seriously from the get go and sort it out - anyway, i am now waiting for them to get back to me again, in the meantime i discovered my home hub 5 was on a different server this morning first thing and then at 9am it went off and rebooted to another server - say maybe someone is doing something, or maybe not . . . who knows! 

does anyone from BT monitor these forums? just wondered if posting here is worth it or if we're all just customers in the same sinking boat!

Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings