cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 71 of 123

Re: poor evening speed

sorry to hear that Mike - my HH5 switched me to a different server overnight (i am assuming that's what the IP address is when I connect), and then again at 9am this morning, since then my speed has been steady at 73mb all night, not a single blip at all - i therefore have two questions

1: is it possible for BT to switch you onto a specific server?

2: could it be something as simple as that to sort out the speed drop issue - switching servers?

i am mystified - how long it will stay okay is anyone's guess - don't know if this can help you with yours Mike - maybe someone on here would know?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 72 of 123

Where did you get a new ip which is for BT customers? Did it just reconnect to a new server after restarting?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 73 of 123

Just done a quick test now 1.5 maps
From 7th this morning to 1.5mbps
Is just painful.
Glad to hear you're getting the correct speed now greydog , a bit of luck and mine will increase soon.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 74 of 123

AlecTR - overnight on tuesday (between midnight and 6am) my HH5 must have disconnected and reconnected, and then exactly at 9am on wednesday morning it did it again while i was sat here working (which is why i noticed it) - i am not a techi so don't know why connecting to a different IP (server?) makes any difference or if they are chosen randomly when the hub tries to connect - it might just be fluke, in which case i'll keep posting - i just assumed that perhaps someone at BT had done something and actually switched me over to another server, but i don't know

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 75 of 123

So now is 9.05 am and I'm getting 1.5mbps
Good grief.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 76 of 123

morning mike - horrible that these type of things tend to take over your life isn't it! - just wondered if you could get onto BT and insist that they escalate the issue to a UK based team - as i understand it there are teams of troubleshooters at BT who swoop in when problems are bad - someone on the forums might know how to go about doing that - it is obvious that India can only handle basic/simple issues ("Switch it off and switch it on again"), but someone in the UK might be able to resolve it quickly

on the moderators - are they people who work for BT? tech people or just general bods keeping an eye on forums and their content? just wondered how much pull/power/authority they have to get persistantly bad problems solved

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 77 of 123

Another Barrow-in-Furness customer with the same problem - 68 now, 6 after 6pm.

Logged a fault, they'll call back to test after 6pm tonight.  Know of at least two other people locally with the same problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 78 of 123

Greydog, I think the moderators here work for BT in fairness they have tried to fix my situation but the latest is I've just got to be patient.
Frandunn is that 68 people in Barrow that have the same issue? If we should get them all to post on here.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 79 of 123

think he means 68 mb/s download during day and 6 at night.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 80 of 123

Ah I see lol
0 Ratings