Message 81 of 123
Moved:

Re: poor evening speed

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 82 of 123

Yeah, sorry 🙂 But I do know 3 others with the same problem!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 83 of 123

If your in the Barrow in Furness area you might want to raise this fault again as BT claim they have fixed the Dalton exchange and everyones back up to full speed.

To quote BT:

"Degraded service issue was resolved on 19th Jan at 06:00 by moving customers onto different network elements. Service was monitored for stability through peak periods to confirm no degraded service was experienced by customers. BT regrets any inconvenience this may have caused."

I'm still seeing the problem in Ulverston, and I've raised it again with Zen internet, my ISP.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 84 of 123

Thanks, yes I've reported it this morning. They've promised a callback after 6.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 85 of 123

Just to let you guys know I spoke to a moderator today and the fault is being fixed but not until the 10th of Feb (he did say it may be fixed sooner but this was the date he'd been given)
I hope he's right.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 86 of 123

did he say what the problem was Mike? and how it was going to be fixed? wonder if BT will give you a refund on the period you've had the problem

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 87 of 123

I think its a bigger capacity thing greydog (I'm not really up on these things) amd compensation has been mentioned (by them not me) I'd settle just to have a usable service in the evening.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 88 of 123

just an brief update - my speed seems to have settled down now (hope that isn't the kiss of death!) - and has been high at peak times for the last several days which i was amazed and deliighted at - have no idea why, or what caused the slow down at peak time in an evening, but maybe the bt infinity fairy zapped the gremlins and restored the world to its normal balance - if it drops again . . . i'll be back! good luck mike with your issue, hope they sort it once and for all

bt infinity is GREAT - when it works as promised

Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 89 of 123

Quick update,the service is not yet fixed ...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 90 of 123

Seems slower than ever makes me think they're still selling the service,the service that doesn't work as described .
0 Ratings