cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

poor signal

i have had my hub6 for just over a year with very little problems, full signal in 90% of my home. i have now renewed for 18 month, been told i have been upgraded to infinity 2 for free but now my signal is rubbish. as soon as i move more than 7 feet away from the router i drop to 2 bar of signal, 15 feet away & down to 1 bar. the reason i went with bt is because the adverts say it has the best signal range, i have tried another hub 6 and exactly the same happens. i have not changed anything, the router is in the same position same leads only difference is i am now tied to another 17 month of frustration!!!!! please help me get signal

tia

terry

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: poor signal

Maybe Christmas lights as they interfere with wifi so I read somewhere.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

* its all the Xmas lights
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@blackpoolowl

Welcome to this user forum.

Its probably interference from other wireless routers on the same wireless channel as the home hub.

Unfortunately, the home hub 6 has a number of issues, one of which means that it can only select three out of a possible 13 wireless channels. So if you are in an area with a lot of other wireless networks, you are going to have problems with interference which will cause connection problems.

Sometimes changing the wireless mode can help, as shown on this picture.

Change wireless mode

You can of course use your own 3rd party router. Prices start at £30 (available locally), and you then have access to all 13 wireless channels.

These also have proper external wireless aerials for better coverage.

0 Ratings