Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrish67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

poor speeds

Hi

joined BT 2 weeks ago hoping to get the 7.5 mb BB suggested by thier site havin been online for the last 2 weeks i am very dissapointed i am only getting 1.9 mb. I have reported this and have been throught the overseas support chat for initial BB fault checks. They couldnt help and said it would be pushed to a level 2 fault that was 3 days ago not heard from them since? I have posted the results of my home test for you to see. Can someone please help me achieve a speed anywhere near what i should be getting?

thanks

chris

1. Best Effort Test:                         -provides background information.

Download  Speed

1.9 Mbps

0 Mbps

2 Mbps
  Max Achievable S

Download speed      achieved during the test was - 1.9   Mbps
   For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds      is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps.
   Additional Information:
   Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
   IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps

peed

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: poor speeds

Your profile is stuck at 2mb instead of 7.15mb. When the mods read your post they will probably help. Just remain connected 24/7

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
chrish67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Hi

Been over 2 weeks since i posted the first speed results, been online 24/7 since, direct CAT6 connection into master socket (openreach socket) should be getting 8mb. 

These are the results ......still locked at 2mbps...any MODs offer any advice????

cheers

chris

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 1.98 Mbps

0 Mbps2 Mbps Max Achievable Speed
 Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.98 Mbps  For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps.  Additional Information:  Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)  IP Profile for your line is - 2 Mbps
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

You still have a stuck profile at 2mb instead of 7.15mb. The mods will help when they read your post

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi Chrish67,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry for the problems with your broadband speed.  It definitely looks like the profile is stuck at 2meg as you've mentioned you've stayed connected without any disconnections.  Click on the "about me" section of my profile where you'll see the link to get in touch with us.  We'll help sort this out.

Thanks a million,

Robbie

0 Ratings
chrish67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Robbie

Been a week since i sent the mods my ticket...can you tell me if anything is being done? I am still stuck at 2mb profile..4 weeks on.

Chris

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

the waiting time is 5/6 working days this does not include weekends they will contact you as soon as the mail reaches the top of there mail queue they have had a large back log recently
chrish67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Thanks John

I will wait for them to contact me

Chris

0 Ratings
chrish67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

John

Any update on my ticket it is well past the 5 days now even if there is a back log, still stuck at 2mbps profile despite constantly on for weeks? unable to run further diag checks but wholesale speed checker currently reads 0.24 download 0.26 upload!

I should be getting 7-8mbps according to your own system, when does this become a contract issue with you not providing the service you promised?

I think a month is long enough for set-up troubles dont you?

Chris

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

BT employees here we are all customers like you unfortunately the wait for the mods to reply is a little longer than usual due to the recent launch of BT Sport which has also increased further there backlog they will contact you as soon as your mail reaches the top of the mail stack it is also worth checking your spam folder as there replies sometimes end up there
0 Ratings