cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nigelbeard
Beginner
Message 1 of 22

pop email not working

I have two BT e-mail accounts with which i collect through Incredimail. Today both have stopped working.  I have ended up deleting both from my e-mail client and reinstalling. Neither are now recognised by the pop client at BT. Also says i do not have an account. However if I log into BT directly the same password and e-mail retreive my mail.    I am getting a little miffed now and would like to know what is wrong without a 1 hour phone call an indifferent bt representative.

Should also add trying to post here and finding the correct link / name recoginition / password changes and then finding being sent a verification e-mail to a an account i am stuggling with is well pretty stupid.

Earliest reply.

P.S. also rebooted / reset wifi / without any difference. No mention on BT about POP probles either.

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
paulodell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 22

Re: pop email not working

POP not working since about 5pm (14/08), web mail ok.

it's pointless phoning BT, they won't want to know, it will come back eventually.

0 Ratings
nabuok
Contributor
Message 3 of 22

It was working at 17:46 here but now all I'm getting is an "SMTP authentication required" error with my email client.
0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 22

I'll add a "me too".  IMAP and Webmail ok, just POP3 which is my main mode of access. 

0 Ratings
rsndll
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 22

I'm having the same problem.
I've just been on a Twitter where BTCare seem to be unaware of any problems.
In one post they didn't seem to know what mail.btinternet.com was used for.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 22

Hopefully somebody will feed the hamster soon.

0 Ratings
scj1066
Contributor
Message 7 of 22

Yep, POP down for last 2-3 hours but webmail working ok. Interesting that when you look at service status, it says everything is working ok?!
0 Ratings
selector
Contributor
Message 8 of 22

aaaaargh - my email just keeps on making me re-enter my password to no avail.

I have just typed a long email which I can't send and is now stuck in drafts grrrrrr !

Wind up the elastic band or whatever it is and please get this thing moving again.....

Thanks, rant over  !

0 Ratings
paulodell
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 22

Fri 14/08/2015 at 20:06Ongoing BT Yahoo Mail Issues

More details

Estimated time to resolve: Ongoing

We're aware of an issue which is preventing some BT Yahoo customers from sending and receiving emails via email clients (Outlook and Apple Mail etc.) You can still access your emails via BT.com

We are working to fix the problem as quickly as we can and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 22

Crikey, unusual to admit there's a problem!!

0 Ratings