cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcf224
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

porting in to BT

I got the PAC code for my Vodafonebpay as you go number last weekend. On Monday I received my new BT mobile sim and gave them the PAC code. I was told all would be moved over by Tuesday 31st March. On Tuesday the temporary number on BT is disconnected and any outgoing calls/texts display the number I'm keeping. Any incoming calls/texts still come in on Vodafone sim. So there appears to be a split port issue. It is now April 3rd and still no complete number port. BT says it is Vodafone having technical problems and Vodafone say once PAC is given the to new provider it's their fault. Everyday I'm told that it will be completed by the end of the day but the next day comes and it is still the same. I have to keep swapping sims to check for messages etc. Why is this happening and why is my Vodafone sim still active and not disconnected and the number now on BT like it should have been on Tuesday? A port request should be completed within one working day yet neither provider wants to take ownership or do anything, just fob you off each day. This is causing a lot of inconvenience and BT don't seem to be bothered and send a bill for the first month's service when proper service hasn't even started yet. It should not take now what is 4 days to resolve this. I presume they'll do nothing now until Tuesday if then, leaving me stuck with a number on two networks all over Easter, it's not really good enough to be honest, expected better from BT
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: porting in to BT

as you can see from this link you are not the only one having porting problems   https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile/Existing-BT-Mobile-Customer/td-p/1463264/page/7

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ChrisR6262
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

I am in the exact same "split" position - due to port on Tuesday 31st March, not completed that day (can make calls from the BT SIM but any incoming calls are routed to my Vodafone SIM which is inactive!) I had given my old non 4G handset away to my Dad but have found that my Vodafone SIM does work in another older spare handset - meaning carrying two handsets (one to make calls, one to receive - both to the same number!) is temporarily working as a workaround, albeit a ridiculous one.

I have spent around 3 hours in total chasing this on the 1st & 2nd of the month and its now resting with the Executive Level complaints team as I was so hacked off at being passed from department to department in India who finally advised me to call 0800 345 7046 where my call was placed in a queue for 45 minutes until the department closed at 8pm.

Very very shoddy way to treat customers and in my line of work (financial services) that simply wouldn't be tolerated

It is not so much the technical issues that have caused me to complain - I accept these can happen - but the fact that even following the correct "Help" channels BT have been completely incapable in assisting here. It is completely unnecessary and inconvenient needing to chase and emailing to complain about something that should be almost automatic in completing. If a proper porting process was not ready ahead of the service launching then it shouldn't have been launched - as simple as that.

I too have been given an estimation of completion of Tuesday 7th now which means I will have been without full service for 8 days at the earliest. If BT do not make be an appropriate D&I offer reflecting this, and my time spent needlessly chasing the issue then I will invoke my 14 day right to cancel.
0 Ratings
jcf224
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

At about 3.15pm I got a selection of textsvon the BT sim from Vodafone with things like you have opted out of euro traveller etc etc. Put he Vodafone sim in phone and it now says Invalid Sim. Put BT sim back in phone and dialled my mobile number from another phone and it now rings so looks like port has gone through. The advisor Mia I spoke to this morning said should not be charged until port complete so I hope to get 4 days line rental credit all being well. They did say they'd let me know as soon as it's been ported but not heard from them yet. Hopefully the ports should start trickling through today for those still waiting.

0 Ratings
ChrisR6262
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Yes - mine has just gone through as well - with the same texts and emails being received from Vodafone - which is welcome from a convenience point of view as I can now make and receive calls from the same handset (progress!)  - effectively 3 extra days lost service (as this should have happened on Tuesday) which isn't quite so bad after all.

I wouldn't have been so critical if the people I'd spoken to in India had given me any idea as to the likely timescales for resolution - instead I was repeatedly this would "definitely happen today" and it felt like just to fob me off. The fact that I was told by Executive Level complaints nothing would happen over the long weekend but the port has in fact completed today just reinforces the impression given that no-one really knows what is going on!

0 Ratings
nikiandemma
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Epic fail from a telecoms company. I'm still in between sims. Port should have been carried out yesterday, never happened, called 150 today (3-Apr) and was told it'd either be tomorrow or even as late as Tuesday.
Website help doesn't work, and now I've lost data on my BT sim. Can't make outgoing calls either (says the system is busy) but can still receive incoming and send / receive texts
My old number still works perfectly so at the moment I'm regretting moving. Just need to stay positive and trust it'll all sort itself out. But it's one massive frustration.
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 13

ChrisR6262 wrote:
Very very shoddy way to treat customers and in my line of work (financial services) that simply wouldn't be tolerated

Really? Sounds like a load of PPI to me.

Can't disagree that BT's customer service can be just as bad though. Initiatives without hiccups seem to be beyond them.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
ShadyCreek
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 13

My pac transfer from Three to BT went through smooth today as planned, so it looks like whatever the issue was has now been resolved.
0 Ratings
essjay
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

My transfer from O2 went seamlessly today less than 24 hrs after the request.
0 Ratings
tonimilw
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

My switch went seamlessley from T-mobile to BT.  T-mobile unlocked my phone in 24 hours, activated SIM from BT, gave PAC Code and number transferred all in less than a week - including a four day weekend - fantastic

0 Ratings