cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

premium mail Migration of bt internet mail from Yahoo

Go to solution

Just got through to BT after 35 minutes on hold to ask why I'm still on Yahoo Mail and getting advertisements when I'm spending £5 per month for BT Premium Mail as a former broadband customer. Answer: migration is still on hold due to "problems". No idea when it will resume. Time for BT to own up to the "problems" and publish a plan for fixing them - or stop charging people for a service that they can't deliver.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Go to solution

If you were a BT customer and you were on the BTYahoo email system when you stopped your broadband package your BT Premium email will still be on the BTYahoo email system.

If you were on BTMail when you stopped your BTPremium email would be on the BTMail system.

All BT Premium email is is a paid for version of either BTYahoo email or BTMail email. It is there to allow former BT broadband customers to retain their email address. There is nothing different about it and you will get adverts on it regardless of whether you are on BTYahoo or BTMail.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

So why do they keep emailing me to say that I will be moved to BT Mail, and why have customer services just confirmed that? Do you actually work for BT and know the answers, or are you just speculating? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

No I don't work for BT and I have no idea why they keep emailing you. When was the last time you got one?

The information I just gave you is not speculation.

The migration is on hold with no further information being given out. If you can be bothered you should search through the forum and you will find the information posted somewhere.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 9

premium mail Migration of bt internet mail from Yaho

Go to solution

As I said in my post, I have spoken to BT today. They have verbally confirmed TODAY that the migration will happen, but they have no idea when. The person I spoke to also had no idea what the problems were, or when they would be fixed.

I was actually bothered enough to search for information on this forum, and came across this thread. I note that it started in October 2015, and it appears that NO PROGRESS has been made. The migration is still on hold.

Quote from an email that I received last week: "We're about to move you from BT Yahoo email to our new email service called BT Mail. You'll keep the features you love and also get some new ones too. We'll move all your emails and folders across to BT Mail automatically." I've been getting these since 2014.

Breaking news: got through to BT again and they confirmed that the information in the reply from gg30340 is incorrect; the intention is for all users to be migrated to BT Mail. No idea when, still on hold.

Hope this helps other forum users to avoid wasting time trying to get a date out of BT. Of course, BT-apologists will proclaim that I should be eternally grateful to BT for providing an email service for only £5 per month more than the competition (even though it isn't actually working again today on my mobile phone - see adjacent thread on this forum!).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Which part of my information is incorrect?

If it is regards the migration al I have said is that it is on hold which would appear to be confirmed by your breaking news!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

For gg30340:

According to BT, you are incorrect regarding "There is nothing different about it and you will get adverts on it regardless of whether you are on BTYahoo or BTMail." BT do claim that BT Mail has new features compared to BT Yahoo Mail, as shown in the quotation in my earlier post. Furthermore, the advertising first appeared as a condition of a free continuation of the email service for one year following my termination of BT Broadband. When I started to pay £1.60 per month after the free year, the agreement was that advertising would cease, but BT were never able to implement this. Now that I'm paying £5 per month, it would be good to get what I was promised.

edited by mod

For those who are still interested in the actual topic rather than baiting of "experts":

Further breaking news: Spoke to yet another person at BT who said that "maybe" the migration would resume on 19th September (I asked if this would be 2016, he didn't understand the irony in my tone), but no idea how long it would take to migrate all users. Said that I should be able to claim a refund of the monthly fee until it happens. Transferred me to another number to arrange that - on hold for 36 minutes this time. The next person I spoke to said they couldn't do a refund but offered 12 months at £1.60. So:

1. Make an email complaint to BT via their website.
  2. You will get a callback from an 0800 number later the same day (probably).
  3. Say that you are not happy to be paying £5 to be stuck on an inferior email service.
  4. You should be transferred to the BT Yahoo Mail customer services (be prepared for a long wait as for some reason they are extremely busy - bake a cake, write a novel, paint your house ...)
  5. Explain your problem all over again and say you have been offered 12 months at £1.60 per month.
  6. Start moving all your login ids, contacts, etc. to a free email service such as gmail or outlook.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 9

Re: premium mail Migration of bt internet mail from Yahoo

Go to solution

Hi @onholdwithBeeTee,

I think there’s some confusion here. Are you saying you had premium at £1.60 per month and are now getting charged £5? If so I can help with that. Can you please drop me over your details and I’ll look into this for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

Re: premium mail Migration of bt internet mail from Yahoo

Go to solution

Hi @onholdwithBeeTee

Can you post up a screenshot of the email you received so that we can look into from here?  Remember to remove any personal identifiable information before posting.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings