Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 41

Re: price increase despite 12months agreed charges

0 Ratings
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 23 of 41

The mis-selling was extremely bad in my case because the general BT general price increase were known when I asked the 2 different BT representatives, 1 UK and 1 off-shore, to confirm that my prices were fixed during my contract period. I can only assume that they did not understand the question or that they are sales commission based and were not that bothered by the question.
0 Ratings
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 24 of 41

Not sure that the link did help me, however, as I have not yet received an e-Mail perhaps my prices were fixed and the increase does not apply to me!
0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 41

@davidmridge61 wrote:
I have found that the forum 'experts' are extremely guarded on their advice and opinions which is a shame as they have much knowledge to share and, obviously, have their own BT formal contracts.

The reason I'm being "guarded" is that I'm not a BT insider, and I'm not a lawyer.  I have just been a BT phone and broadband customer for many years, and have learned a lot from being on these forums since they started.

I can express my opinions, but I am very wary of giving advice that could turn out to be wrong.

The moderators here seem pretty wary of giving "official" advice too.  I suspect that BT have told them not to, in case a customer ever uses a moderator's comments against BT.

Have you actually tried contacting BT billing directly yet?  You might get a quicker answer than trying to tease it out of other customers on this forum.

0 Ratings
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 26 of 41

Just a further case of a forum 'expert' referring me to 'live chat'. I am not trying to tease it out. I just want answers and for forum members to share their own experience of being sold fixed price contracts.
0 Ratings
disappointedbigtime
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 41

Once again, John, thank you for your comment.

I am, as you may have read previously , in agreement with your opinion re service etc and do not necessarily want to change either.

I just find the practice of bt as outlined by me a few times now rather dubious and questionable and nobody seems  to

a) be able to give me a plausible reason and

b) to be as outraged by it as I am (and david seems to be, too)

I will therefore put my problems before the bt Moderators, as you suggested, before I take it any further.....

0 Ratings
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 28 of 41

Dbt, Please let me know how you get on. I received an e-mail from BT yesterday to say that my fixed prices of the 11th September will increase on the 5th January! Strangely, my broadband and call cost remained unchanged but the discount negotiated on the 11th reduced. Bizarre!

0 Ratings
davidmridge61
Expert
Message 29 of 41

Any news/luck?
0 Ratings
disappointedbigtime
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 41

Sorry, David, was away for 10 days, so will pick up the thread from here on. Thank you for your info , I don't want to say "I told you so" but I had expected nothing else. So my next step will be to contact the Moderators directly, as john46 suggested and take it from there.

Should their reply (if I get one) leave me just as disappointed as the official bt one (which I expect) I will then contact the Ombudsman. I am determined to take it all the way (how about Watchdog ?) as all I want is an explanation that makes sense.

And yes, I will keep you posted, you seem to be the only one who also questions the injustice of this bizarre practice

0 Ratings