cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdrianS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

price rise

Well it is a price rise, just by another way. I just had a email from Bt saying that my free calls will now start from 7pm to 7am, where before it was 6pm till 6am.  so if I want to phone someone now before six it will cosyt me, I pay enough for my line rental as it is, do Bt like losing customers?

I am not impressed and as soome as my contract come up for renewal, I will be gone, sim[ple as that.

I knew it was a mistake to bother with BT again, always been expensive and always will be, BT newver changes.

Rip off Bt.

I knwo why they are doing it, hopeing to get people to change to BT anytime or what ever it is called these days, well it will not work for me.

In fact since they changed the terms of my contract, i wondering if I can get out early.

Adrian
9 REPLIES 9
Redflake
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: price rise

Agree entirely.

Like your actually going to call anybody between 6 and 7 in the morning. (cunning move) I to will be looking for a cheaper deal.  Good move BT nice to see your putting the customers first.

Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

@ AdrianS

You might want to pop your head over here if you were wondering.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Redflake
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

Just popped out and back in again.

Yes saw that the other day, recieved the email today but as it doesn't start till april and I will only have a month left by then I will hold fire. Can't see them going for early release without penalty as they will argue that there is no cost increase to the contract, although it will certainly end up costing us more.

AdrianS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

@Redflake wrote:

Just popped out and back in again.

Yes saw that the other day, recieved the email today but as it doesn't start till april and I will only have a month left by then I will hold fire. Can't see them going for early release without penalty as they will argue that there is no cost increase to the contract, although it will certainly end up costing us more.

There is a cost increase as daytime calls also go up in price and so do the call set up price.

I love the weay they tell use about 1571, when I moved to Bt from my other supplier, 1571 did not go across and to be honest I am happy it did not, I found it was a pain in the neck as everytime I phoned someone or someone phoned me I had to check to make sure no one left a message, if I forgot then the messag could stay on their until the next time I used the phone.

If someone phones while I am on the phone now they get a engaged tone and know they wuill have to phone back. I got a answering machine for nomral use.

Then they say about the 0845 and 0870 being free, a waste of flipping time if you can't phone until 7pm.

Adrian
0 Ratings
AdrianS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

I had a phone call call about this and then a email after, below is the email

Thank you for your email dated 02/02/10 regarding your BT account.

As discussed this morning at 10:52 on 07********, I have reviewed your account and can confirm that you have been provided with unlimited evening and weekend plan for 12 month contract.

As I understand that you are not happy with the charge increased for calling plan. I like to confirm that the charges for calling plan is increased due to change in VAT amount which changed form £15% to 17.5%.

I also confirm that you are not happy with the changes in timings for evening and weekends.

• Our research shows that two thirds of our customers prefer to make calls after 7pm.
• Our usage analysis shows that our customers spend longest on the phone between 8pm and 9pm.
• Our daytime and evening ppm rates are still some of the most competitive in the market place. Our daytime rate is actually cheaper than Virgin’s evening rate, therefore, calls between 6pm-7pm will cost you less with BT than Virgin.
• We are also aligning our practices internally with our Global Services and BT Business operating units who already have a day / evening boundary of 7am-7pm.
• Customers can avoid this change by signing up to our Unlimited Anytime Plan.
I also confirm that as you are not happy with the broadband offer I have sent this email to our broadband team to look into this and provide you a better deal. Your reference is blah blah blah
Once again, please accept my sincere apologises for the delay that you are experiencing and for the inconvenience that is causing you.
You may shortly receive a survey by email asking how I personally dealt with your complaint/enquiry today. If you require no further action but would like to comment on the service that I have provided please can I ask that you complete this survey rather than replying to this email. I would welcome your feedback to help me improve my customer service skills, as the questions relate to me personally. There is also a box for general comments about your overall experience with BT.

Thank you for contacting BT.

Yours sincerely,

Mohammed V
Digital Care Advisor

Adrian
0 Ratings
paulfinn31
Message 7 of 10

I am also annoyed with this. I mean you have free calls and then you can only use them in the alloted tim.. My god! It is called free call so that means we can call whenever or whatever time it is. Change your marketing strategy. You are all Liars.

0 Ratings
Jarviser
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

This one hour shift in contracted terms heralded as "Free calls for 3 months" was featured on Working Lunch (BBC2).  BT declined to attend but in a statement said that if you are materially disadvantaged by this, you may apply individually to have the contract terminated under their standard terms.  

i.e. if you normally use it substantially in that hour from 6pm to 7pm and can prove it from your bills, you can probably drop the contracted plan, but if not substantially disadvantaged then hard cheese.

This follows the price drop a couple of years ago when they dropped the per minute charge but trebled the fixed per call charge. The typical 5 minute call cost was substantially higher, but the announcement stated clearly that prices were reduced.

Lies.

..... Jarviser's Home Hub Index
0 Ratings
Redflake
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

• Our research shows that two thirds of our customers prefer to make calls after 7pm.
• Our usage analysis shows that our customers spend longest on the phone between 8pm and 9pm.

There are more people who make calls betwwen 6PM to 7PM than those who make calls between 6AM to 7AM.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Should save them some money!!!!!!!!!

• We are also aligning our practices internally with our Global Services and BT Business operating units who already have a day / evening boundary of 7am-7pm.
• Customers can avoid this change by signing up to our Unlimited Anytime Plan.

Or finding a better deal from another supplier!

That'll be me then!!!!!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

OK,

BT State "Our research shows that two thirds of our customers prefer to make calls after 7pm."

Can BT advise how may people did they ask this question to againts the amount of lines BT lease out?

Cheers

CG

CG Over An Out
0 Ratings