cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

problem with DNS error 105

Recently I changed to Infinity HH6 and started to get problems with website that i used quite alot ( video streaming) at the momemnt all my friends can watch videos on that website and i cant until i restart my router and flush dns . But it only works for 10 minutes or so and back to error 105 or blank video not being loaded.

Is that my HH fault ? or what should i do ?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: problem with DNS error 105

Hi @boras and welcome.

Can you take a look at DNS server issues and let me know if that helps.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi @DavidM i have tried all of this already before i came here as a last resort.

Is there a chance that "smart" hub is not so smart  and got broken already after 2-3 months ?

Regards

B

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 6

There's no such thing as a "Smart" hub unless you believe the marketing dross.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

@boras wrote:

Is there a chance that "smart" hub is not so smart  and got broken already after 2-3 months ?

Looking at the number of posts on this forum it would suggest the Home Hub 6 is quite broken from day 1.

@boras 

You don't mention the client OS type but I'll assume it has some form of command line. When the problem occurs perform the following steps from the clients command line:

1. ping an Internet server such as Google DNS by IP address to prove connectivity e.g., ping 8.8.8.8
2. run nslookup <server_name> to check if the Home Hub will resolve server_name
3. run nslookup <server_name> 8.8.8.8 to check whether Google will resolve server_name

If 1 and 3 are successful it shows the problem is with the BT DNS. If that's the case you could try setting a static IP address on the client and setting the DNS server as Google i.e., 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4.

Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Thanks @smf22 it did not worked but i managed to do something else to check if its a hub fault. Basically i have connected with bt-wifi-with-FON and i can open all the websites which i want/need. I think i need a new hub 🙂

Thanks anywayz

0 Ratings