cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wangyikf1984
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

problems about moving house

Recently want to move house and told BT about that 10 days ago. Persuaded by BT I agreed to upgrade my broadband to infinity 2 in my new address. However,  until now I don't have the new order go through because I was kept telling my new address used sky when the previous occupiers lived. And BT cannot go in unless the sky line is cancelled. The previous occupiers already called sky to cancel the line last week. But I still get same reply from BT today.  How can I do?  I am not a sky user and of course I cannot call sky to cancel it. I thought moving house is very easy but in my case I am still not sure when I can have internet in my new address.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: problems about moving house

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 8

Hi Wangyikf1984,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I am very sorry for the confusion we have caused in relation to you wanting to move your BT service to your new home.

Even if the line in your new home is active with another supplier we will still be able to place an order.  The only difference in this would be a working line takeover and it will take slightly longer to activate.  If the previous occupants have placed an order to cancel the Sky service then as soon as this order goes through and the line is stopped, we will be able to place a takeover order which has a reduced lead time.  I am really sorry that this was not offered.

You best bet would be to contact our order team, these guys will own your complaint until everything is sorted.  I will drop you a private message an include the link to this chat team.

Please come back to let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
wangyikf1984
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

just used the link you gave me to talk to the BT team. I was told the sky line is still there and what I can do is to pay for a new line which cost about 130 pounds. I don't think it is acceptable. I think the better way is to terminate BT service even my 12month contract is not finished yet because the contract just has two months left and the two months service charge is about 60 pounds which is much less than the installing a new line. Secondly I am not sure if I order a new line now how long I have to wait until I get BT broadband in my new address. thirdly, I can join sky with some new user offer and the most importance is that I dont have any problem on activation of the line.

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 8

Hi Wangyikf1984,

I am very sorry that our order team were not able to help.  If you are will to give us one last chance then please drop us an email.

If you click on my username (SeanD) you will find the 'Mods contact link' under the 'About me' section of my profile.  Once we have you email we will give you a shout to discuss your option.  You really shouldn't have to install a brand new line into your home, we should be able to takeover the Sky line one way or another.  

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
wangyikf1984
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Just did what you asked to do. I don't understand why you said I should not have to install a new line but the BT team has no other option to me.

0 Ratings
wangyikf1984
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

today called BT for my eighth times in about two weeks and told them I wanted to cancel bt service. of course I was persuaded to stay. Again the BT staff placed an order for me with free line installation and promised I will have email confirmation in a couple of hours. After waiting for 3hour I dont have any email from BT yet. cannot see any hope on that. do want to leave BT.

john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

you will be better off waiting for the mods to deal with your problem as they will personally own the problem until resolved
0 Ratings