cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackie648
Message 1 of 15

problems downloading Bt netprotect plus

Go to solution
Hi I have just tried downloading BT netprotect plus, its asks me to enter my email address and password which I do, it then asks me to agree to the terms and conditions, which i agree to, but the next page that loads up is blank, with just the Mcafee logo in the top corner. and so I am unable to complete the process of downloading Net protect, any help would be much appreciated thanks !
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 15

Re: problems downloading Bt netprotect plus

Go to solution

Hi jackie648 and welcome

Any PC based firewalls have to be turned off to succesfully download and install BTNP.

Check to see if any are running.

Also BTNP should then detect any installed antivirus programs and also remove these as it installs.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Yeah I got that, you probably have vestiges of McAfee lurking on your machine. Do a search for "McAfee Removal Tool" and download it from McAfee's site. Run it et voila. The new version of Netprotect Plus is loads better than the old one, it cleared up a number of issues I had been suffering since I started using McAfee. It also found a couple of trojans that the previous version failed to find which was a bit of a worry.

Best of luck.

0 Ratings
forester08
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

I had problems with my McAfee it went rogue in that it stopped me getting on line even when it was switched off so I uninstalled it and downloaded a new one .....not a good idea as it was the new beta one and it doesn't start at boot up, I have to remember to manually switch it on.

Spoke to a nice man from India but he didn't know how to help so it looks like I'm stuck with this beta rubbish for the time being.

If you present McAfee is working I would hold on the new one for a while but then it might be ok on other op systems.

ForesterSmiley Sad

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

There is an "Enable protection during startup" option. That said I'm not sure that does what I think it does and the BT "learn more" web pages are worse than useless.

Navigation (at top right) -> Features -> Firewall -> Smart Advice and Advanced Settings.

ProfZarkov
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Yes, I get similar problems - the pc gets stuck on the download page - it says check INternet connection or McAfee server not working . . . can't seem to get beyond here.  The other PC downloaded and worked fine - so it must be how the pc is set up - it's running ESET Av software . .is there anything I can do ?

0 Ratings
ProfZarkov
Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution
Hmm, I ran my Windows Washer & this must have cleared some files out . . .the installation seems to be working now . . . could've just been McAfee's server . . .
0 Ratings
ProfZarkov
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution
Why can't they just let us download ONCE and then share this with all myother pc's entering the code as we go . . .
0 Ratings
jackie648
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution
Thanks guilbo, i downloaded the mcafee removal tool like you said, i have now tried to download bt netprotect and it has worked !! Thanks again
0 Ratings
forester08
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

I uninstalled McCrappy as it wouldn't start at boot up, I then run the removal tool then reinstalled it, only it didn't it crashed my system instead......... It looks as if McCrappy has turned out even more rubbish.

I have installed the new Kaspersky 2011 and its running like a dream, goodbye NetProtect.

ForesterSmiley Tongue

0 Ratings