cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

proxy server settings

Go to solution

I have problems getting onto the internet at regular intervals. BT Broadband help identified that in the LAN settings on the connections tab under internet options the box is ticked for 'use proxy server for your LAN'.  I take this off and then a little later I find it has been checked again.  I fear that a piece of malicious software might be doing this but I have run a full system scan with McAfee and it did not identify any problems.

I would be grateful for any ideas

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: proxy server settings

Go to solution

I have run microsoft safety scanner and it has removed Win32/cycbot.b from my computer.  This seems to have done the trick

PheeragHfre
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: proxy server settings

Go to solution

@michaelsheppard wrote:

I have run microsoft safety scanner and it has removed Win32/cycbot.b from my computer.  This seems to have done the trick

Suggestion:

Run the Full Security scan again or even a different Security scanner to check whether any other Trojan(s) were downloaded & hidden behind the first one.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Threat/Encyclopedia/Entry.aspx?Name=Backdoor%3AWin32%2FCycb...

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)