Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dollydebbie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

putting HH on standby

Hi there, I'm just wondering if there is anyway of putting the HH on standby when we go on holiday etc without turning it off and it affecting your BB speed?

thanks in advance for any help.

Debbie

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Tomchik
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: putting HH on standby

Hi Debbie,

I believe that there is a power save setting available if you access the settings in the Hub. If I remember correctly it allows you to set times when the hub should go into a sleep mode. If you follow this link it will show you how to access the hub.

http://www.filesaveas.com/bthomehub_login.html

BR

TT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Hi it will be perfectly safe to turn it off once while you go on holiday then turn it back on on your return it is multiple restarts that. Cause problems
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Hi again power saving only turns. The wireless off as I said it is ok to switch it off and much safer to do so
G3NDI
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Debbie,

I always now switch off my HH2 by simply opening the router Home Page ( using 192.168.1.254) and clicking the Disconnect button which seems to send a logical signal to the exchange stating the router is deliberately being turned off, rather than letting the exchange think there is a problem or noise on the line.    This has not caused me any problems since I started using it back in May.   

Rodney Fry

0 Ratings