cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

question about accessing hotspots

I am new to this so please bear with me. I have a laptop so that I can access the internet whilst away. I have the correct package to give me BTfon whilst out of the house.

I tried to connect recently to a BTfon site. The strength was showing three bars. I clicked connect, but nothing happened, no BTfon access page or anything.

The Internet icon in the taskbar says'Connected but no Internet access'

Nothing opened so I could enter my BTfon password.

I am running Windows 7.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong, or not doing at all.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: question about accessing hotspots

Hi Ronecc,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Are you getting any other error messages? Is this issue with a single hotspot or with a number of them? Can you connect at any other hotspot? Give us as much information as possible, I'm sure we can help.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

I'd like to add that I have the same problem - I can see two Openzaone and 1 Fon hotspot (in London) quite often with 5 bars and never less than 3, but cannot connect to any of them on a consistent basis (quite often none of them).

I have no idea whay this would be - I don't believe it's my settings since, without changing them at all, I can connect sometimes.  Internet Exlporer diagnostics tell me that the DNS is not configured on the server (i.e. the hotspot).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I too have the same problem.

I phoned in to the Help Desk 0800 022 3322 with the problem. After doing some basic checks I just got a waffly answer, in effect saying "yes, that happens and there is nothing to be done".

Not satisfied with that answer I raised the problem in this post and I'm hoping that someone with the right know how can help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Problems with BT Openzone

Hi all. Why does my connection to BT Openzone never work on my iPhone? When I'm in a 'zone' I get several bars of reception, the phone switches to that network but, if I load a page or try to access my email, I just get the spinning wheel. I've tried 'forgetting' the network and starting again but still no dice.

Am I missing something?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I too never have any joy connecting to Openzone. I get full 'internet reception' but no content. No error messages, just the spinning wheel. (I have an iPhone 4 by the way.)

0 Ratings