cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Albirt
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

"Acquiring Network Address" message

Why has my PC ( wired connection) started to delay the connection to the internet and give the message "Acquiring Network Address". The PC and router have not been changed, so don't understand why I'm now getting this delay and message. The connection is made in the end.

Also my netbook ( wireless connection ) gives the message "The connection has limited or no connectivity......." and I have to go through a "Repair" process to get it to connect. Have to do this " Repair" every time I connect the netbook.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: "Acquiring Network Address" message

Have you tried resetting your BT Home hub?

0 Ratings
Albirt
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Restarted Home Hub 2.

Netbook connects OK now. But PC ( wired ) still has delay while its "Acquiring Network Address".

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@Albirt wrote:

Restarted Home Hub 2.

Netbook connects OK now. But PC ( wired ) still has delay while its "Acquiring Network Address".

Try the instructions here Static IP with Home Hub  It will then have its own address, and not have to ask the home hub.

0 Ratings
Albirt
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Now the my wireless netbook will not connect ?

Get message "waiting for network to be ready ....." Laptop , Iphone all connect OK, only problem is netook which used to connect OK !!! Have disconnected and reconnected, retyping key, but still get same message.

Have re booted HH2, no change ??

0 Ratings
Albirt
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Further inof, I now have assigned a Static IP Address to netbook and it connects to HH2, BUT after a few seconds it disconnects ??

0 Ratings